This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I had WPML installed on my website, once the license expired I upgraded to lifetime but it says that my license has expired on the wp-admin of the site.

Solution: - Go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial (tab) -> "Unregister WPML from this site" - Go to your WPML account and delete the key. - Then create a new one and try to register your site. Make sure that you've followed the steps in this screencast : http://screencast.com/t/nhRozB9TBtBi

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
August 3, 2016 at 9:40 am #987739

dimitriosM-2

Hello I had wpml installed in my website ( hidden link ) , once the wpml license expired , I upgraded to lifetime , but the woocomerce translations stopped working. I can't translate the product categories, neither I can use the flag to change the language in products ( frontend ).

Wpml says that my license has expired on the wp-admin of the site.
What should I do ?

August 3, 2016 at 1:02 pm #988181

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

First, rest assured that your subscription is valid. And take into account that registration of the site only affects automatic updates so WPML should work fine. So the issues that you are having must be coming from somewhere else.

For being of better help, can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Also, can you please try reinstalling WPML manually?

To do it, please follow these steps:

==>Backup your website and database<==
-Deactivate/Delete the “installer” plugin (if you have it).

-Deactivate all WPML plugins.

-Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.

-Delete all WPML folders.

-Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it.

-Upload the plugin via FTP to wp-content/plugins/ folder.

(alternatively you could upload the .zip folder using Dashboard > Plugins > new > upload)

-Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > plugins

-Complete the setup, if needed

-Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, clic on “generate key” button)

-Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS

-Click on the blue link that says “Registered”

-Download and activate all needed WPML AdOn Plugins

This should not generate any problems.

In case you want to register WPML for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wpml.org (something like hidden link)

In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-WPML Plugins deactivated.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 22, 2016 at 7:35 am #1013048

dimitriosM-2

Ok , i updated the wordpress to latest version. Removed all the wpml plugins from ftp and i downloaded the latest versions too.
I uploaded and activated all plugins but I cant register the site with they site-key.
You can cheack at my second screenshot that i Have a valid subscription.

I changed the permissions but still not working.

August 22, 2016 at 1:23 pm #1014111

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you!

Please do the following:
-Go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial (tab) > "Unregister WPML from this site"
-Go to your WPML account and delete the key.
-Then create a new one and try to register your site. Make sure that you've followed the steps in this screencast : hidden link

And this time, add this to your wp-config.php so we will get more information about the issue:

define( 'WPML_DEBUG_INSTALLER' , true );

before the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

After you enter this code, when you try to register, you will get message looking like this
hidden link

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 22, 2016 at 1:59 pm #1014155

dimitriosM-2

Thanks everything is fine now 🙂

August 23, 2016 at 6:58 pm #1017781

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

I'm glad it's working now 🙂

Kind Regards,

Otto