If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
April 13, 2018 at 10:57 am

oskarE-5

I am trying to:

translate a website based on X-theme using Cornerstone.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: agros-technology.com/en

I expected to see:

First problem:
Not all texts appear in the translation editor. Similar issues have been reported in other threads, but (as far as I can see) no proper explanation or solution has been given. I have attempted to troubleshoot myself and I think the problem is partly that the WPML language configuration file is not updated with all shortcodes, and partly (what is probably more problematic) that when using certain blocks, Cornerstone does not generate code that includes the actual text (which probably means that your algoritms cannot find any text to translate). Instead of generating code with the actual text in it, the text seems to be saved in separate "files" (or something like that).

I have no idea whether or not I am right about the cause(s) of the problem(s), but it is certainly not working as it should.

Second problem:
When creating a page with (the incomplete) english translation, the page (when viewed on a desktop) gets the "mobile" layout instead of "desktop" layout. You should understand what I mean when viewing the page. Note that the missing slider above the header is not a problem (I know how to add it).

WPML is a commercial plugin and you explicitly claim compatibility with X-theme and Cornerstone. I purchased it to save time - which I certainly haven't. Looking forward to your thoughts and advise.

April 14, 2018 at 8:26 am #1628782

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

Our developers are working with the theme's authors to fix the compatibility issue with the latest versions of their Visual Builder.

In the meantime, you can enable the Manual translation from WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup.
Once you have a page, you can either copy/duplicate the original version of this page to the secondary language and manually translate it or create a new translation page from scratch directly from Cornerstone editor page using the new language switcher added in the editor.
See: hidden link

Thank you for your patience

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/errata/cornerstone-shortcodes-arent-rendered-in-the-translated-pages/

April 14, 2018 at 9:39 am #1629222

oskarE-5

Had I been interested in duplicating the pages and making manual translations, I would have gone for a free plugin. When will the issues be resolved?

April 14, 2018 at 9:50 am #1629234

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

our developers are working on fixing this issue in time for the upcoming release of WPML.

However, I cannot be certain that this will be the case and I don't have any ETA at the moment.

I'm adding this ticket and your remarks to the internal ticket to increase its priority.

Best regards,
Vincenzo