This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4371561

driesW

I am trying to:
Finish installation of WPML-plugin
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Flanguages.php
I expected to see:
Ability to install language switcher
Instead, I got:
Page with installer progress on top, no content (previous steps were succesfull)

August 9, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4372383

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

what are your results when you right click->inspect-> click on the console tab (in chrome) , do you see any errors logged when in the configuration set up screen?

In the past we have seen similar issues due to a minor compatibility by a 3rd party plugin

the easiest way to test this is the following but it is recommended to perform on a staging environment first

if you do not have a staging/test environment handy please let me know and we can create one for you (if possible please provide me with a duplicator package using the duplicator plugin)

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty19.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

again it is not expected for you to perform this steps on a live site therefore please do let me know if you do not have a staging environment and we can proceed accordingly

August 16, 2019 at 8:57 am #4405495

driesW

Hi Bobby,
I've done the following:
- checked google console, only an error regarding delivering mixed content (jquery UI CSS stylesheet)
- upgrade server to PHP7.3
- upgrade (max and default) memory limit to 128M
- disabled all plugins except the WPML core plugin
- went into table wp_options through PHPMyAdmin and removed the setting with option_name "icl_sitepress_settings" and tried again

All of the above without any luck.
Any other steps I can follow?
Thank you so far for your assistance 🙂

August 16, 2019 at 8:28 pm #4408125

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for updating me

What i would recommend doing is testing for compatibility , meaning that a small compatibility issue between WPML and a third party plugin could be causing this behavior

The following test should allow to see if any 3rd party plugins causing this issue :

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty 19.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

NOTE : as this does involve activating/deactivating plugins on a site it is recommended to test on a staging environment, if you do not have a staging environment available please do let me know and we can create one using your duplicator package

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML installation stuck on step 3. Language switcher’ is closed to new replies.