This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 14, 2019 at 3:56 pm #4205835

blakeJ-2

I am trying to: use WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (plugins deactivated for now as client needs to see site working properly besides translation)

I expected to see: No error messages and normal taxonomy

Instead, I got:

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 1 in /home/factory9/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/absolute-links/absolute-links.class.php on line 176

Warning: strstr() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/factory9/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 930

Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/factory9/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 936

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/factory9/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 946

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given in /home/factory9/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 947

Please note that these errors are not visible right now, I needed to deactivate all WPML plugins to show the client the site without errors.

I have been through this support issue before but i was unable to continue troubleshooting at that time.

It has nothing to do with any other plugins, please do not suggest that I deactivate one by one etc. as it has already been tried. I have deleted and reinstalled all WPML plugins. Something is wrong.

I need a debugging solution.

July 15, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4213213

blakeJ-2

Hello, i have successfully migrated the site to Cloudways.

July 16, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4220155

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

We need your site login details to check the migrated site.

I am setting the next reply as private.
Let us know your username and password, so we can login and check the migrated site.

Regards,

July 17, 2019 at 10:50 am #4228879

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

This is your front end:
This is your back end:

I do not see any error messages as you mentioned.
I even enabled the WP Debug mode and still I do not see any error on your migrated site.

Has this been fixed or is there any specific page or steps to reproduce this issue?
If yes, could you please let me know the steps to check the issue?

Regards,

July 17, 2019 at 10:52 am #4228911

Riffaz
Supporter

Sorry here are the screenshots:

This is your front end: hidden link
This is your back end: hidden link

Regards,

July 17, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4230621

blakeJ-2

Yes, click onto one of the categories in the mega menu. You will see the error messages.

The issue is that the category taxonomy is messed up. Every time I install WPML, products are no longer organized into their respective categories, the categories are empty. You can check this by clicking source products from the header menu and see all the products. View a product, and try tracing back it's taxonomy from the subcategory links at the top of the page.

I am adding some screenshots.

Also, are you sure you are logged into the cloudways server and not my site? I have disabled WPML on my site for now.

Blake

July 21, 2019 at 11:35 am #4252119

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I could not check this in the migrated site because you gave your live site links in the mega menu.
When I click on the mega menu products in migrated site, it goes to to your live.
You can check by clicking a product in mega menu.

And, in your live site you disabled the WPML.
So it does not show the errors.

If you correct the links in your migrated site we can try our best to solve this.

Also, are you sure you are logged into the cloudways server and not my site?
- yes.

Let me know.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is causing issues with taxonomy and displaying errors’ is closed to new replies.