Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by cboursinos 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 21, 2018 at 9:18 am #3024082

fernandoG-11

I am trying to send batches of translation work to Transifex. I expect it to use a single project (e.g. Dash Website) and incrementally update source files as the source version changes. This way, we can leverage the TM over multiple iterations of the same website, instead of starting a new project (and therefore also a new TM) for each batch.

This issue has been raised before:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-transifex-project-created-for-each-batch/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/each-translation-creates-a-new-transifex-project-wed-like-to-reuse-one/

I know this is possible because I currently use exactly this approach using Sphinx/ReadTheDocs and the tx client:
hidden link
hidden link

Your prior response indicated you were working with Transifex to get this implemented. Can you let me know the status of this feature please?

Please include leon.white@dash.org in your response. Thanks!

December 23, 2018 at 9:25 pm #3029201

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I'm sorry, but the answer that I gave at the following link from October 2018 is more relevant than the answer that Shekhar my colleague gave a year and a half earlier in the other ticket that you link here above.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-transifex-project-created-for-each-batch/#post-2782624
We're still waiting for Transifex reply on that matter.
Maybe you can try and contact them on that matter as well and ask them to contact us.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 24, 2018 at 5:24 am #3029713

fernandoG-11

Hi Itamar,

it's not really fair to expect your customers to chase your integration partners for you - I don't have access to your internal documentation system, so I don't understand the specific issue or have access to any ticket number you were using for your communication. Plus I am able to get a response from Transifex support within about 6 hours usually - have you tried writing to them again?

I'm not sure about the details of the actual implementation of the Transifex integration in WPML but I can speak from my experience of using the Transifex client, which implements the Transifex API. You are almost certainly using either the client or the API directly in WPML, so it is simply a question of re-using an existing project/resource slug to map to an existing translation object. I have used this workflow for over a year now from Sphinx-doc, which specific part of the process did not work for you in WPML?

Further reading:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Cheers and thanks for your support!

December 26, 2018 at 6:10 pm #3034751

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've consulted our second tier supporter about this issue. I have now realized that our Translation Service developer said that it would be impossible to achieve that. Because nine months have passed since he had said that, I've just sent him a note and asked him to review what you write here and tell me if there is any change about the possibility to achieve that. When he replies, I'll let you know what he says.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

December 27, 2018 at 10:57 am #3036510

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our Translation Service developer has returned to me with an answer. He explains to me that the problems to achieve that our developers faced nine months ago are still there. At least, for now, they cannot change it. But he adds that they have added it to the roadmap.

I'm sorry, but this seems to be the situation.
I hope that you can understand this.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

December 28, 2018 at 7:47 am #3039366

fernandoG-11

Thanks for getting back to us!

Can you describe the actual problem in more detail, what is the specific difficulty with implementation? I'm still not clear if we are waiting for Transifex or WPML to resolve an issue. It sounds like this is something that can be done on the WPML side without further assistance from Transifex, since he was able to add it to the roadmap. Where can we track progress on the issue, is your feature implementation roadmap available to customers? Timeframe?

Thanks for your ongoing help!

January 1, 2019 at 11:07 pm #3047627

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm waiting for more details about this issue from our developer.
I'll reply here when I have them.

Thank you for your patience.

January 2, 2019 at 11:17 am #3048709

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

While waiting for our developer to response on this, I'll add the following. From what I understand the fix for this cannot only come from our side and in any case it is not easy to implement.

You ask: "Where can we track progress on the issue, is your feature implementation roadmap available to customers? Timeframe?"

We keep our clients updated on new changes and upcoming changes by emails and our blog here. https://wpml.org/blog/
There is no 'Roadmap Dashboard' that is publicly available for clients. And you will also not find anything about this specific issue on the blog. This ticket will need to be the channel for you to get updated on this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

January 3, 2019 at 10:14 am #3051885

fernandoG-11

Thanks for your ongoing updates and keeping us in the loop! Let's keep this open for now and wait for an update from your devs, then look at what we can do next.

January 3, 2019 at 7:31 pm #3054474

Itamar
Supporter

Yes, I'll keep you updated here when I have a reply from the developer.

Itamar.

January 7, 2019 at 9:14 am #3061878

Przemysław

Hello,

My name is Przemysław, and I am one of the developers that are working on the integrations between WPML and Translation Services.

As Itamar mentioned earlier, we are aware of this issue. We have already checked if it is possible to add an option to select the project in Transifex before sending the content for translation.

From what we know, it is not an easy task. WPML is integrated with many Translation Services, which share the same interface in WPML. To add the feature you asked about; we would have to modify WPML and send additional requests before sending the content for the translation. We do not want to do that, because it might slow down WPML. We have already more than 90 translation services integrated.

Also, there is a lot of edge cases (i.e., in Transifex, there is a project for English -> German translation, and you would like to send the content for English -> German, English -> French).

Due to those problems, we decided not to add this feature now. We will think about how we can achieve this in the future.

January 24, 2019 at 6:02 am #3123477

fernandoG-11

Thanks for your reply Przemysław!

I assume you are talking about how the WPML batch name is re-used as the Transifex project name. I'm not sure why additional requests would be required here. I should be able to manually change the suggested batch name to match an existing project on Transifex to "force" re-use of an existing project. Unfortunately, current behaviour is for WPML to change this batch name without informing the user, and then create a new project with this changed name in Transifex.

Example:
Requested batch name: DASH-WPML
Actual batch name: DASH-WPML|en|3

Would it be possible to decouple this hard link between batch and project name in a future release? These would seem to be two separate concepts, after all.

Thanks for your explanation, it really helped a lot!

January 24, 2019 at 8:38 am #3123998

Przemysław

Hello,

I understand what do you mean, but this is not that simple 🙂

In WPML the batch is created when you send content for the translation. When the content was sent, the batch cannot be modified (by adding new jobs or removing some of them). This is why we create a new batch with a different name every single time you are sending something for the translation.

Also, WPML is not communicating directly with Transifex; we have a proxy app that does that. If we decide that batch name should be used for selecting a project in Transifex, then it will require a lot of changes and modifications in the WPML and our proxy app. Unfortunately, we cannot modify it like this.

Thank you,
Przemysław

January 24, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3126025

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I hope that Przemysław answer explains the current situation.
I set this ticket to escalated to second-tier supporter again.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 13, 2019 at 10:34 am #3193311

fernandoG-11

Can you let me know the IP address of the server in the middle? I suspect I am getting errors with a development website that is unable to sync the status of translation jobs due 401 errors returned on external connection requests, since no user/pass was supplied. Does the server push connections? Adding an exception should help me resolve this issue.