If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by cboursinos 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 13, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3195448

Przemysław

Hello,

The server in the middle is not accessible for WPML users.

If you are facing an issue with the integration, please create a new ticket and describe what error you receive.

Best regards,
Przemysław

February 13, 2019 at 4:44 pm #3195459

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Please see Przemysław answer above.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 14, 2019 at 4:56 am #3197526

fernandoG-11

Thanks Przemysław. I am not trying to access your server in the middle. I am trying to whitelist it on our end, since I believe it is encountering a 401 error when it attempts to send translation/sync data to my WPML instance. This is why I need the IP address.

February 14, 2019 at 7:58 am #3197977

fernandoG-11

Thanks a lot 🙂

We are working on a development site at hidden link but it is protected by user/pass until it is ready for release. I think there is a reverse proxy in place, requests are probably coming from 206.189.6.49

I'll whitelist your IP and see if we make any progress syncing with Transifex again.

February 14, 2019 at 8:02 am #3197985

Przemysław

Hello,

If you are using manual polling, then there is no need to whitelist the IP. The manual polling requests have to be triggered in WPML > Translation Management, but they should work even without user/pass protection.

If you are using XML-RPC, then whitelisting is the only option. Please remember to check pickup mode in WPML > Settings > Translation pickup mode section.

Please let me know in case of any issues.

Thank you,
Przemysław

February 14, 2019 at 9:26 am #3198361

fernandoG-11

Thanks! I was able to send one page for translation and successfully fetch and build the translation into the site now - server issues seem fixed 🙂

I'm still not clear on how your Transifex workflow is designed though. I modified some of the English in the page I just translated, and sent that page + one new page with similar strings back to Transifex. WPML created two new jobs and one new Transifex project with two resources, but the source text now contains the target language. Is this a bug in WPML or Transifex? Both files are set to 0% translated, and since the paired translations are unavailable (and since it is a new project, the from last time is also unavailable), all translation needs to be done from scratch. Concordance search and matching is unavailable. See screenshot.

Thanks again for your fast and thoughtful support!

February 14, 2019 at 9:39 am #3198438

Przemysław

Hello,

When WPML creates an XLIFF that should be translated, it includes both original and translated content in that file (original goes into <source> and translated into <target> elements).

I remember that some of the Translation Services wanted us to replace translated text in <target> elements with original content because they were fetching the text that should be translated from <target> elements. I think this might be the case.

Let me ask our technical contact in Transifex just to confirm. If I am right, then we will have to implement a solution in the app that is between WPML and Transifex. It should not take much time, but I think it will be ready at the beginning of the next week.

Best regards,
Przemysław

February 14, 2019 at 9:55 am #3198509

fernandoG-11

Thanks, it sounds like that is the case here. I noticed that if I assign the translation to myself internally, then the translations appear in the correct fields in the WPML editor. Same if I export the XLIFF files and open them in memoQ.

I'm not sure if your proposed solution will work though. If both source and target contain the source text, then the new project in Transifex will not have access to the existing translations at all, since WPML is creating a new project each time, and TMs are not shared across projects in Transifex. So again I am stuck with no way of tracking changes and using Transifex concordance functions...

February 17, 2019 at 8:57 am #3208818

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Let's wait for Przemysław answer here.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 18, 2019 at 7:00 am #3210257

Przemysław

Hello,

I talked with Transifex and they told me that we should remove <target> elements from the XLIFF file we are sending for the translation.

We are going to modify the XLIFFs we are sending to Transifex this week.

Best regards,
Przemysław

February 19, 2019 at 4:47 am #3215100

fernandoG-11

Thanks, it sounds like this will solve the issue of target text appearing in the source field. But assuming the following conditions:

- target elements are stripped from the XLIFF files sent by your middleware
- WPML creates a new Transifex project for each Job created in WPML Translation Management
- Transifex does not allow sharing TMs between projects

Then how can we leverage the TM and Concordance functions in Transifex? What is the theoretical translation management workflow here?

Please keep me updated here about your progress fixing the XLIFF bug, and thanks as usual for your highly responsive support 🙂

February 19, 2019 at 6:33 am #3215216

Przemysław

Hello,

Transifex does not allow sharing TMs between projects

Are you sure about this? According to Transifex documentation, it is possible - you have to create Translation Memory Group and add projects to this group.
Here is documentation: hidden link

Thank you,
Przemysław

February 19, 2019 at 7:33 am #3215271

fernandoG-11

Technically correct. But TM Groups requires the Advanced plan, which costs $900 **per month**. Transifex kindly offers a lot of excellent free features to open source software projects like ourselves, but this is not one of them, and unfortunately paying that price is not an option. Hence my original request to use Transifex the way it was designed - by updating (or at least adding new) files in an existing project.

February 19, 2019 at 9:12 am #3215631

Przemysław

Hello,

I understand. The workflow we have implemented was introduced almost three years ago. Since that time, we talked with Transifex to adjust it and reuse existing projects.

However, it is not an easy task, and we decided to keep it as it is without adding changes.

Thank you,
Przemysław

February 19, 2019 at 11:31 pm #3219254

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Please see Przemysław response above.

Regards,
Itamar.