This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 7:24 pm #4165377

robertR-44

I am trying to: just starting to translate the homepage, new with WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Same design as on the german page

Instead, I got: partially disrupted design and wrong typography

July 8, 2019 at 11:00 pm #4166047

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. This kind of issue in most cases happens due an inconsistency of settings between your default language homepage and your secondary languages homepage, in order to fix it, please try the following:

1 - Click to edit your homepage from your WordPress Dashboard > Pages settings.

2 - Change to the secondary language where the issue is seen using the language switcher at the WordPress Dashboard top admin bar.

3 - Now, carefully review your page settings for any page title option and turn it off.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to solve your issue or if you need any additional details and assistance. Have a nice day.

July 9, 2019 at 8:42 am #4168699

robertR-44

Hi,
thank you for your support. I will try this soon. Unfortunately, I changed some settings in the main WPML translation options (which parts of the site will be translated) and I think, I have made some settings that make it even worser. Is there a way to reset these setting to default?. But nevertheless, some of the differences have already occurred before changing them. Regards, chris

July 9, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4173247

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the updates. Which specific settings did you change? Can you please, provide me with all the details of the settings you changed? It will help me to understand your request into details. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is disrupting the design’ is closed to new replies.