Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
May 26, 2015 at 1:24 pm #626268

Daniel

I am trying to: get WPML to work. We've installed and configured everything, even the multisite files as outlined in your documentation, but no matter what only the homepage works. Every other page becomes a 404 when WPML is enabled. There is no caching running and I've moved it to a staging server so you can sign in and see what's up.

Please let me know how I can send you the login info securely on your support forum.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: The pages.

Instead, I got: All 404s.

May 26, 2015 at 6:50 pm #626533

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Sure Daniel, I'll be glad to take a look on your stagging server.

To send credentias for a temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site you will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please, make a full back up of your site before.

I'll need also credentials for server authentication.

Before can you please try the following:

-Try to "redo" the permalinks: Click on the Settings > Permalinks and click on the "Save Changes".

-Another step you can take is to click WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and then click on the "Set language information" button.

Kind Regards

May 26, 2015 at 10:59 pm #626637

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing credentials with us.

I escalated this thread to our second tier support. They will take a look at the issue, as soon as I have news I'll get back to you.

Kind regards

May 27, 2015 at 4:39 pm #627361

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Daniel,

I am Pierre from 2nd tier support!

I accessed your test site and after applying all the troubleshooting actions in WPML > Support > Troubleshooting, I managed to access the pages.

Can you confirm it works on test site and the production site?

Regards,
Pierre

May 27, 2015 at 5:03 pm #627383

Daniel

Thank you for looking into this but I'm not sure what you mean. I see you ran all those things on the Trouble Shooting page but that also turned off all plugins and made the theme the default one, not the one for the production site.

I don't know what plugins you turned off on the Network side because it doesn't say "Recent Active Plugins".

Do you know what plugins you turned off?

May 27, 2015 at 8:15 pm #627492

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Daniel,

To make the troubleshooting easier and as it was a test site, I deactivated all plugins and switched to the default theme. At this point, I was still having the 404 issue.

Unfortunately, I used the bulk deactivate function for plugins so I don't remember which one were activated (and there are many plugins on your site).

I think you can safely click on the troubleshooting buttons (see attached screenshot) on your production site. But I recommend you to take a full database backup previously.

Let me know if you have any trouble, and please confirm if this solves your issue.

Regards,
Pierre

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is making all of our pages come up as 404 errors.’ is closed to new replies.