This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 11:08 am

michaelJ-30

I am trying to: See languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: languages or the error message to disappear

Instead, I got: always the same error /

October 19, 2018 at 5:11 pm #2832759

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I made a local installation using your duplicator package and managed to fix the issue.

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

In your specific case, there were a few issues with your database, so if you try to follow the troubleshoot method advised by WPML (the red notice in your dashboard) everything will be fixed but it might leave the notice even though the problem is gone, so since this is a new install, you're better of with going to the troubleshoot page (WPML > Support > click the Troubleshoot link) and then scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Reset" section. Check the box and click the "Reset and Deactivate WPML".

Wait until the process is done and then try activating the plugin again. i did it in my local installation and then proceeded to configure your site and even create a few pages and translate a few strings, just to test everything was okay and everything was ok.

Hope that works for you, don't forget to let us know (your answer will surely help future users having the same problem) and don't hesitate to tell us if you keep experiencing the same issue or open a new ticket if you need further help with WPML.