Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 week, 6 days ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 14, 2024 at 10:55 am #15409263

filipT

Hello,

WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem.

This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed.

I don't have such a button "Clear language information and repopulate languages" .

As an attached file I am sending you a screenshot from the admin area.

Thanks in advance

Your answer from the closed topic - Hi,

Is this installation of WPML a new installation or did WPML already exist on this website and translations have been created?

Please go to your database and review the following for me:

1. Does the wp_icl_languages table exist?

2. If yes, how many values (languages) are within it. [you should be able to see around 65 rows of languages]

3. Verify that your database USER has full admin capabilities and can create,edit and drop database tables.

Let me know your results, please.

Answer - yes I confirm everything above
1. wpcp_icl_languages excists
2. 65
3. Verified

15360568-issue_wpml_1.jpg
March 14, 2024 at 11:07 am #15409311

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please increase the WP memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:`

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You can double-check the WordPress memory limit in WPML -> Support

Regards,
Carlos

March 14, 2024 at 1:53 pm #15410337

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the credentials requested.

This was a false positive. I ran some troubleshooting steps and the warning is gone.

Can you confirm that the issue is solved?

March 14, 2024 at 4:04 pm #15411430

filipT

Thanks for the fast and excellent support. Appreciated!

March 15, 2024 at 11:17 am #15414070

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.

Have an excellent day!

filipT confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-14 16:04:53.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.