This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.04 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Advanced Translation Words quote has been finished.

Solution: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-is-not-fair/#post-4558357

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by catherineG-9 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4555997

catherineG-9

I purchased WPML with translating machine to be able to translate my blog. I only translated
one post and about page before being informed that I am done with quota.

Now it's taking me a lot of manual work to do the translation.

My questions are;
1. Does it mean that I can never get any translation done anymore till I die...(joke)?
2. What are the 90$ for, if I can't use the plugin for what I bought it for?
3. In this case, what is the difference between WPML Blog Translation and this machine translation, since I have to rely on Google to translate my blog?
4. If I need to cancel this purchase since I can't find its benefits as such, how will the translations done so far will be affected

hidden link

September 12, 2019 at 4:57 am #4558357

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1 . Does it mean that I can never get any translation done anymore till I die...(joke)?
- you can use 2000 words for free if you select any of the package
- When you use Google Translation on the web, it’s free, but you can only use it for one piece of text at a time. To use machine translation in bulk, Google and Microsoft charge a small fee.

Until now we managed to absorb the cost of this fee. However, the usage of WPML’s Advanced Translation Editor and, especially, the automatic translation feature is on the rise and we have to start charging for using it.

New sites that start using WPML’s Advanced Translation Editor receive a free quota of 2000 words. This is roughly 5 pages with a medium amount of content. If you use the automatic translation feature here and there, you’re not going to reach this quota very soon. When you use it to translate entire websites, it will run out after a few pages.

Then, if you want to get more machine translation (which we pay for), you can buy tiny, medium or large chunks of quota:

Personal: $0.99 – 1500 words ($0.667 / 1000 words)
Business: $9.99 – 20000 words ($0.5 / 1000 words)
Publisher: $49.99 – 150000 words ($0.333 / 1000 words)

2. What are the 90$ for, if I can't use the plugin for what I bought it for?
- https://wpml.org/purchase/

3 . In this case, what is the difference between WPML Blog Translation and this machine translation, since I have to rely on Google to translate my blog?
- WPML does not have Advanced/machine Translation
- WPML Multilingual CMS has advanced/machine translation with 2000 words free quote and you have to buy the words for very small fees (as mentioned on 1. ) when you exceeded the quote.

4 . If I need to cancel this purchase since I can't find its benefits as such, how will the translations done so far will be affected
- You will not get any support here
- you will not get any updates to your WPML plugins that may cause compatible issues in future.
- Your translation will be safe as they are saved in the database. you won't lost them. 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else regarding this.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 12, 2019 at 8:01 am #4559147

catherineG-9

Thank you Riffaz,

If next year I opt for WPLM blog instead of WPML translating machine, would I be able to do the same translation with the layout that I have now?

I don't want to buy for words, those are extra expenses I can't afford to have.

But I feel the pain of paying too much and ending up translating my blog posts all by myself!!!

Thank you again

September 12, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4561409

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

If next year I opt for WPLM blog instead of WPML translating machine, would I be able to do the same translation with the layout that I have now?
- yes, you can there won't be any issue. 🙂

Regards,

September 13, 2019 at 2:12 am #4564649

catherineG-9

Thank you, Riffaz for that important information.

September 15, 2019 at 8:54 am #4574213

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

You are welcome.

Please close the ticket.
A rating with a comment is appreciated. 🙂

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 18, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4596231