This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
|September 18, 2019 at 8:43 pm #4599861|
Hi! I've used WPML elsewhere before. On other sites, I activated it and it magically pulled all of the strings in, and I just needed to provide the translations, smooth as butter.
When we activated it in _this_ site, it pulled in a few strings, but ignored 90%. Some of the strings it pulled were concatenated... it actually took multiple individual strings and put them together as one item, so that even if we gave a translation, there's no way for it to appear correctly in the front end. For instance, for the element in the attached image, WPML pulled in the string "Plan to feel richer", instead of "Plan to" and "feel richer".
Our theme for this website allows you to add "image and text" sections in the page editor. Within that section you provide the image, Title, Mini Title, Description (all rich text area) and a link. We would want to be able to modify each of those for each of the languages we need to host our site in.
If we can get WPML to pull the strings properly for the home page, I'm confident we can get the rest working, so no need to look beyond the home page for now.
I installed the WPML Tools plugin (https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/) but frankly couldn't figure out how to get useful information from using it. It didn't seem to show me a translated version of each page, as was advertised.
The website we're talking about is planswell.staging.wpengine.com.
Thanks for your help!
|September 20, 2019 at 7:10 am #4610109|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)
Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.
Which option you have selected for *How to translate strings in themes and plugins* in WPML>>Theme and plugins localization>>Localization options?
In some cases, it is possible that those strings have been recognized but not associated yet to the String Translation panel for the translation. Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.
1) Please increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*). Please check the following links for more details
2) Please increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *5000* or more. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.
3) Visit WPML>>String Translation
Please check the following documentation for more details.
The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is not pulling in 90% of the strings in our website.’ is closed to new replies.