This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yacovS 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 21, 2018 at 12:06 pm #2835508

yacovS

Hi,

I have created shipping zones and methods in the default lang (Hebrew), then translated the shipping class in Woocommerce Multilingual (to English). when I enter to the translated page checkout I still see the original Hebrew translation. I have tried to change the settings in WPML for the product_shipping_class but still nothing.
I have updated all plugins and theme and it was not helpful.

another strange thing...
when I look at the string-translation I see the woocommerce translations for shipping_method in English but it is in Hebrew letters.. and it state as not translated but I can't translate it...

another thing is very strange.. when I created shipping zones and methods I've created 2 zones and 2 methods for each zone.. when translated the shipping class in Woocommerce Multilingual I was able to translate only the shipping methods of one zone, not both.. (it's not showing the translation as mentioned before)

I was trying to delete the shipping zones and methods in Hebrew and to set them up on English and then to translate but it didn't work.

I need your help solving this issue a.s.a.p

Thank You.

October 22, 2018 at 9:20 pm #2839847

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Shipping method titles.
From what I can see in the image you provided, it looks like you are configuring the Woocommerce texts in Hebrew.

Please try the following.

1. In String Translation, please select the shipping_method titles that are appearing with an English flag and Hebrew text.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the String Translation table and select the option to change the language of the selected strings.
3. Then change the language to be "Hebrew".
4. Now you should then transalte to English the shipping method titles.

Please do this for all Woocommerce configuration texts that you have entered in Hebrew and see if this resolves some of your issues.

2. Still showing in wrong language?
Please also check the following setting is NOT checked:
WPML -> Theme and plugin localization -> Localization options -> Other options -> Assume that the original language of all strings is English

3. Still problems?
Please write back with system access details (wp-admin) in the private area that I am opening.

Thanks