This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 8:43 am #4502145

oscarM-16

I am trying to: Make WPML update with the other plugins/themes in wordpress

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: enclavedeoliva.com

I expected to see:The plugin updated in updates section of wordpress

Instead, I got: The plugin is not updated in that way

September 3, 2019 at 9:51 am #4503139

oscarM-16

Sorry about the delay answering the chat.

I continue supposing that next supporter will read the chat.

In my case, updates are not listed in update-core page of wordpress. It is a multisite installation, and the plugin is activated for two sites

Thanks a lot for your attention

September 3, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4506195

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Once you go here /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=installer on any of those two sites and update WPML, it will be updated for all the other sites (in your case, just one more site). This is how WordPress multisite works. It is not unique to WPML.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 4, 2019 at 6:47 am #4508489

oscarM-16

Sorry but I don't understand very well. Any wordpress plugin (in multisite) is updated (and appear outdated) in the update-core page of the network.

The installer feature is part of the wpml plugins.

So, it is unique to WPML, isn't it?

The important thing to know for me is if wpml plugins can be updated via update-core of the multisite network, in any way (your colleague said me that they should also appear there in his sandbox, so is it malfunctioning for me?)

Thanks a lot

September 4, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4512857

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Yes, if WPML needs an update, it should appear in Dashboard -> Updates /wp-admin/network/update-core.php. It works for me on my test site. Please see the attached screenshot. Please let me have network admin access to your site so I can check the issue.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Also please share with me the debug information of your site.
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is not updating with WP updates’ is closed to new replies.