This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 9:26 am #3765005

murtazaK-2

wpml is not working. i need access wpml to access our site

May 8, 2019 at 9:54 am #3765283

murtazaK-2

hi sir should i provide you access, as we are really stressed out.

May 8, 2019 at 9:56 am #3765295

murtazaK-2

site is working, where as wpml plugin is giving us this error when we go to translated pages

May 8, 2019 at 10:01 am #3765309

murtazaK-2

bruno are you there with me??

May 8, 2019 at 10:05 am #3765321

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I can see that the issue is present here as well - hidden link - it doesn't seem to be translated page, but the original?

Can you please first update WPML (I see that you have 4.2.5 which is not the latest one)
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Another thing - since hidden link is also crashed, can you deactivate WPML and check this page and let me know to check as well?

Do you have some caching systems behind this site? I've asked our 2nd tier support and they told me this: "tell the customer its gzip compressed data ... it may give him an important clue. He should know where he enabled compression".

Can you also ask your host if they can check this as well - ask them about this gzip option? Paste them that answer I got from the 2nd tier.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 8, 2019 at 10:20 am #3765489

murtazaK-2

bruno, our seo team downloaded a caching clear plugin to improve the speed. thats the only thing we can think of, that page you send me is working, please advice us what shall we do, we download that plugin three days ago, this issue occurred today

May 8, 2019 at 11:37 am #3766041

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

That page didn't work for me either (see image)

our seo team downloaded a caching clear plugin to improve the speed.

At this point, you should:
- ask them about temporarily disabling this plugin or checking its settings
- reach out to Hostgator support (if you still use this host, as I've checked other tickets) and ask them about possible gzip compression on those domains

However, have you manage to get it all sorted out? I can see that everything works now, including hidden link.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 8, 2019 at 11:45 am #3766215

murtazaK-2

it was not hostgator, it was our seo team who had this free plugin, which they were using to improve the site loading speed, we have disabled that plugin, site is up, we still need someone to login to wpml to just review full wpml plugin and advice us any critical issue , which could cause to crash our site in future, it seems like something is not rigth with wpml. your guide on this matter will be well appreciated, please do not change anything without confirming from us. we have backup done

May 8, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3766611

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

One of the things within Debug info you provided is that you have 3 caching plugins:
- Swift Performance Lite
- WP Fastest Cache
- W3 Total Cache

Please see this:
hidden link

"The point here is to make sure that if you need to use more than one caching systems concurrently working on your website - they will not be all doing the same thing."

However, how did you fix the issue you're reported here initially?

Regards,
Bruno Kos