This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 8:46 am

Veronica Gabriela Gaya Russo

I am trying to: update WPML

Instead, I got:

June 17, 2019 at 8:56 am #4033503

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the trouble. Could you please delete and install WPML plugin manually?

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Please take your full site backup.

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Thank you

June 17, 2019 at 9:40 am #4034039

hello Noman, thank you for your response a nd wise advise
I am really nervous to do this!!!
How do I " 3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records." ?
i have just backed up the site on all in One WP migration.
Is there any chance you could do this delete and reinstall for me? I am worried that I'll do a disaster!!!
Thank you so much,
Veronica

June 17, 2019 at 10:47 am #4034597

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Okay sure, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

June 17, 2019 at 1:13 pm
June 17, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4035919

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have tried to upload folder from Dashboard and Filezilla but it showing ‘Failed to write file to disk.’ and ‘550 Can't create directory: Disk quota exceeded’ errors.

You may need to request your host company to fix this issue.

Thank you

June 17, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4036465

Dear Noman,
Apologies for the inconvenience.
The server capacity was full.
Now I have freed a lot of space, it should be fine for you to keep working.
Thank you

June 17, 2019 at 3:37 pm #4036685

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have updated all WPML plugins in your site as you can see in the attached screenshot. Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

June 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4036829

Thank you veru much Noman,
Now could you kindly explain me why when I go to translate a post or apage from english to spanish I am not able to edit the spanish version with visual composer like i used to do before?
I get this page now and none of the media and page format is passed over really...

June 18, 2019 at 8:24 am #4041267

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

1) We have moved manual translation option inside the page editing screen. When you are editing a page, there is a new option "Use WPML's Translation Editor" -- please see attached screenshot.

Click it and you are prompted if you want to make this change site-wide or for one page/post only.

2) If you want to build pages using Visual Composer backend editor then you might need to install Classic editor plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

If you have more questions in new issue then please open a new ticket for new issues/questions.

Thank you

June 18, 2019 at 8:37 am #4041385

Dear Noman,

I am afraid I do not have the option "Use WPML's Translation Editor", see screenshot attached

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-do-not-have-the-option-use-wpmls-translation-editor/

June 18, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4044573

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to see your WPML update issue is resolved. To handle new issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-do-not-have-the-option-use-wpmls-translation-editor/

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.