This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 10:46 am

rubenA-3

I am trying to: Go to a post in a Custo Post Type

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link but really it happens all around the site.

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link which leads to a completely different page, or in the case of a different post type or a different post it results in a 404

In english it also happens but the slugs are okay.

It doesn't always happen, only at certain times of the day. The most common is around 10:30 am GMT, but it has happened at other times. It goes away after 15 minutes or if we refresh the permalinks.

There's nothing unusual that we could find in the logs, and we have already tried to increase the memory.

August 20, 2019 at 5:21 am #4420545

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

We recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 21, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4431487

rubenA-3

Hi

I updated the WPML plugins and waited for the bug to happen again and it just happened now.

You can see in the screenshot that the slug changes from produtos to products. And even if I try to go directly to the right url, it changes the slug to the wrong one.

August 22, 2019 at 4:34 am #4436265

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Do you have a step to step guide to reproduce the issue? Or it just happens randomly?

Since this type of issues can be created by some conflicts or php errors. I would need your help to narrow down the issue. Could you please provide feedback on the following questions as much as possible?

Can you confirm that you are still experiencing issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Thank you for helping us to pinpoint the issue. Feel free to add any further information you may have.

Thanks

August 22, 2019 at 11:06 am #4438551

rubenA-3

It just happens randomly at least once a day in the morning, but it has also happens at other times several times a day.

#1 - It doesn't happen on our test environment, only in production. I can't disable all the other plugins and change to the WordPress default theme for several hours, there is no way the client will allow it.

#2 - The logs only show this:

**.***.***.*** - - [22/Aug/2019:11:20:59 +0100] "GET /pt-pt/produtos/herdade-do-esporao/ HTTP/1.1" 301 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36"
**.***.***.*** - - [22/Aug/2019:11:20:59 +0100] "GET /pt-pt/products/herdade-do-esporao/ HTTP/1.1" 302 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36"
**.***.***.*** - - [22/Aug/2019:11:21:00 +0100] "GET /pt-pt/sobre/herdade-do-esporao/ HTTP/1.1" 200 20866 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36"

There were no error logs when it happened. That one was me trying to access the right url and then the url got changed.

August 23, 2019 at 4:23 am #4444109

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It doesn't happen in our test environment, only in production.

'
Do you have any settings that are different in this environment, since you mention it's only happening once a day it will be hard for us to debug the problem, can you please keep monitoring the issue and try to find steps to replicate it?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is randomly translating Custom Post Types' slugs to wrong language’ is closed to new replies.