This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4021619

saskiad

Hi! I am trying to: I just translated 962 items, but they are not shown on the website because they are 'waiting for translator'.
I already tried the following things:

- I increased WP Memory Limit to 265Mb.
- I increased the max_input_vars value in the php.ini file to 3000.
- I increased the max_execution_time to 120
- I emptied the cache
- I deactivated and activated all plugins again
- I redelivered the translations

Still, after all this, the problem remains.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Finished product translations

Instead, I got: All translations on hold

June 14, 2019 at 11:37 pm #4024541

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

what are your results if you go to WPML->Translations and click "Take and Translate? " does it show translated and at 100% translation ?

if possible please share with me a screenshot so i get a better idea of what might be causing this

June 15, 2019 at 8:21 am #4025817

saskiad

Hi Bobby, thank you for your reply!

The items are now marked as fully translated (that changed since yesterday), so that is 1 issue solved, BUT now another issue has risen that was not there before: the products that are translated are no longer visible on the site. Neither in Dutch (main language) nor in English. It only says: "Showing all 10 results", but then just an empty space.

I am sending you 3 screenshots;
1) situation as it was when I contacted the helpdesk
2) translated products as they were this morning
3) How they show on the site. As you can see, they don't show.

Can you please help me with this? Thank you very mucht!

June 15, 2019 at 8:23 am #4025819

saskiad

I am sorry but I cannot upload any images. I can tick the knob below but nothing happens…. Dragging them into the box is not working either.

June 17, 2019 at 7:35 pm #4038203

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

where in the front end could i see this issue ?

When i visit the following for example i am able to see the products hidden link

if you wish you could use a screenshot share service to share with me the screenshots
ex. hidden link

June 18, 2019 at 8:08 am #4041181

saskiad

For example this one: hidden link
What is also strange is that in this link, the top menu is visible like it should be, but in the link that you sent me earlier (hidden link) it is not.

June 18, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4045477

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the link to the front end , i can see that the issue is happening on both languages. The light meters are not showing in English either.

when WPML is temporary deactivated are you able to see them as expected ?

If possible i would like to take a closer look to further test this issue

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 18, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4045991

saskiad

When all WPML plugins are deactivated, I see just a white screen with only the logo and at the bottom some menu items that are not yet translated. Again I am not able to send to screenshots as the "upload an image" button does not respond.

June 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4046069

saskiad

hidden link
Can you see a screen shot now?

June 18, 2019 at 10:12 pm #4046719

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

yes i was able to see the screenshot , thank you !

i am taking a closer look at the backend and will update you shortly

June 19, 2019 at 7:01 am #4048557

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

At the moment i have not been able to reproduce this behavior on a clean enviroment and not been able to verify that it is happening due to WPML

I have done a few tests but i am a bit confused as to why is it that when WPML plugins are deactivated your site is not displaying as expected ?

have you used custom work ? This is not an expected behavior.

additionally when WPML is deactivated the problem is not resolved which does not confirm that this is happening due to an issue with WPML

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML is stuck on 'waiting for translator' while translation is completed’ is closed to new replies.