This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Related documentation: String Translation

This topic contains 100 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Dan 16 hours, 44 minutes ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is George Botsev.

Author Posts
Author Posts
September 1, 2017 at 7:45 am #1355750

Amir
Forum moderator

WPML 3.8 includes major updates to the String Translation tables. As part of this, we rely on indexes that were supposed to be there already.

We learned that in some sites, these indexes are missing and cannot be created automatically because of data conflicts. We know how to fix this, but it's something that needs to be done with a lot of care.

If you got this message, please add a comment here. We'll contact you, get a backup of your site, test the migration logic and make sure that it's working for you.

September 4, 2017 at 8:46 am #1357076

julienF-5

Hello Team

Since update on my dev version, I have this warning message :

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Can you help me

Thx

Regards

September 4, 2017 at 8:52 am #1357080

George Botsev
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello @julienf-5 and thank you for contacting us.
In order to confirm and give you steps on how to fix the problem, and that there are no other issues with your database, we would need a database dump or export with the plugin "Duplicator" of your site.
I am enabling a private reply for your next reply so that you can share that information with us securely and privately.

September 4, 2017 at 9:55 am #1357340

pabloQ

Hi there,
I do have the same problem. Won't be able to use Duplicator as it's not compatible with my page builder.
But I can make a manual DB and files backup if that's OK.

How may I proceed?

September 4, 2017 at 11:18 am #1357580

George Botsev
Forum moderator

Hello @pabloq
Manual database export (dump) is also just fine.
I am activating the private reply for your next post. You can upload it to a dropbox, google drive, private hosting or whenever you want and just share the link to the dump.

September 4, 2017 at 4:21 pm #1358316

david

Hello I have this message on my site? = http://www.joesmarbella.com
This client is using godaddy stupid wp manager and i cant do anything with it...

so now what?

September 4, 2017 at 4:24 pm #1358319

david

Hello again.. ref to = http://www.joesmarbella.com
Going to have to remove the plugin as its not looking good on the site, but i need it working to get on with the work..
i am removing the wpml string translation plugin, Whats the next step?

Kind regards

MY Bad, its this message you need ?

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

September 4, 2017 at 5:37 pm #1358446

rondaP

Hi there,
I do have the same problem. Please help me on this.

September 5, 2017 at 6:58 am #1359089

George Botsev
Forum moderator

@david and @rondap - if you have that message, it is required for us to check your site in order to verify the problem and if there is also other problems too.
For this, I would need a database export or a site dump created by the Duplicator plugin.

If you find this hard - you can just give me access to your site and FTP and I will do it.

When I get that - I will verify the problem and I can then fix it on your site, so credentials are also welcome.

I am activating the private reply for your next reply so that you can share the information privately and securely.

September 5, 2017 at 7:03 am #1359099

George Botsev
Forum moderator

@pabloq - thank you for the database dump.
I will analyze the problems and contact our developers and get back to you as soon as we have completed the analysis.

September 5, 2017 at 9:14 am #1359395

leopoldR

Hello,

I am getting this error message aswell.

Best regards Leopold

September 5, 2017 at 9:29 am #1359422

George Botsev
Forum moderator

@leopoldr Hello Leopold.
As I mentioned to the other people here, we need to verify the problem.
So, I am activating the private reply, where you can share credentials, Duplicator package link or database dump.

September 5, 2017 at 11:23 am #1359705

George Botsev
Forum moderator

@julienf-5 thank you for providing the database dump.
I will consult with our devs and get back to you.

September 5, 2017 at 12:11 pm #1359859

George Botsev
Forum moderator

@leopoldr the link that you send returns error 404 not found.

September 5, 2017 at 2:02 pm #1360211

julienB-5

Dear,

I have the same problem:

regards

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.