Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

We are no longer responding here in this ticket.

If you have the message:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Please create a new ticket in our forum.

If you have message like this one:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array ( [language] =>

Please visit our errata page here: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

That issue can be resolved by using the [x] button in the upper right corner of the message to close and dismiss that message.

Do you have issues dismissing that message? If you do - then you can try to remove the key "wpml_notices" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix).

20% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 2,062 replies, has 580 voices.

Last updated by javierC-25 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
July 27, 2018 at 11:44 am #2588081

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello @vladislav MALTYZOV
I am sorry that you have issues with the latest upgrade.
Perhaps you should try and disable any caching that you might have - plugin cache and/or server cache and check if that helps as a workaround.
Please open a new ticket so that we can do more in-depth testing as this ticket here is for fixing a completely different issue.

July 27, 2018 at 11:51 am #2588143

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello again @philippew-2
We don't provide support via e-mail.
It seems that your issue is different than the one reported here.
Please open a new ticket so that we can investigate it properly and to avoid multiple unnecessary notifications to your e-mail - as you asked.

July 27, 2018 at 1:24 pm #2588430

George Botsev
Supporter

@martin we just published an errata about this here: https://wpml.org/errata/duplicate-entry-for-key-uc_domain_name_context_md5/

The message should be dismissable by the (x) and if it does not repeat or if not a fatal error then it should be fine.

July 30, 2018 at 8:08 am #2592970

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello, @davida-29
We patched your database and I just sent you an invite from Dropbox for a dropbox folder with the patched database and import manual.
Please follow the manual and if you have problems, please let me know.

July 30, 2018 at 10:02 am #2593394

jeroenJ-3

My WPML instance does give this notice as well. Can you enable private messages so I can share a DB dump?

July 30, 2018 at 11:55 am #2593906

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @jeroenj-3
No problem.
I am enabling the private reply where you can provide the database dump.

July 31, 2018 at 2:22 pm #2598568

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello, @bimexs, We patched your database and I just sent you an invite from Dropbox for a dropbox folder with the patched database and import manual.
Please follow the manual and if you have problems, please let me know.

July 31, 2018 at 2:24 pm #2598581

toroL

Hello,
I'm having the same issue.
Thx

July 31, 2018 at 2:48 pm #2598679

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @torol
Please provide a database dump of the affected site
In order to patch your database we need as minimum these tables:

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

These tables contain only publicly visible information - strings that you already you display on your site.

If you wish, you can provide a full database dump - but perhaps you should consider to remove any private data from it before you send it to us in accordance to GDPR and our GDPR policy https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/

You can follow this guide on how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

Do mind that the commands from above guide should be run only on a STAGING site as they are destructive.
Be sure to have a backup of your database before you do any of them.

I am enabling the private reply for your next reply where you can upload the partial (or full) database dump or if you wish you can provide a link to a zip file with the database in the field for "Duplicator" package instead.

Please do note - an actual "Duplicator" package is NOT needed - we need just the tables mentioned above.

Please do note that if your database is over 2mb - it is then needed to upload it to Dropbox or similar service and share the link instead.

July 31, 2018 at 3:47 pm #2598996

georgiosA-4

hi Georgi,
Did you manage to figure out what is going wrong with my database?
are you ready with the accsess and everything?

thanks

Eri

July 31, 2018 at 9:10 pm #2599903

Johan Driesmans

I get this message, please advise:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

August 1, 2018 at 6:18 am #2600700

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @georgiosa-4
I replied to you in reply #2587075 - I cannot access your database as the FTP folder where you provided me access is outside of the web root folder (public_html)
Please change the home folder of the user so that I can try again.

Hello @johan Driesmans
Please provide a database dump of the affected site
In order to patch your database we need as minimum these tables:

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

These tables contain only publicly visible information - strings that you already you display on your site.

If you wish, you can provide a full database dump - but perhaps you should consider to remove any private data from it before you send it to us in accordance to GDPR and our GDPR policy https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/

You can follow this guide on how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

Do mind that the commands from above guide should be run only on a STAGING site as they are destructive.
Be sure to have a backup of your database before you do any of them.

I am enabling the private reply for your next reply where you can upload the partial (or full) database dump or if you wish you can provide a link to a zip file with the database in the field for "Duplicator" package instead.

Please do note - an actual "Duplicator" package is NOT needed - we need just the tables mentioned above.

Please do note that if your database is over 2mb - it is then needed to upload it to Dropbox or similar service and share the link instead.

August 1, 2018 at 11:00 am #2601562

Lukas Cech

Hi there,

been told on a separate forum ticket to post my issue here: (original https://wpml.org/forums/topic/we-have-detected-a-problem-with-some-tables-in-the-database-3/#post-2601559)

I have installed WPML on a Polylang installation, imported everything using your import from polylang plugin, all works fine.

After some time editing the web, I udpated a category widget (changed it from ALL LANGUAGES, to SLOVAK language only) and got this message:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => Widgets
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => 64b029ce34a2a767c0e4fbcf0acc9207
[name] => widget title - 9fec65a45c8797158376b7ac0a7468a4
[value] => Kategórie
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

Not sure what is wrong. I have since deleted that widget, but no change.

I have WPML widgets intalled.

August 1, 2018 at 11:58 am #2601769

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @lukas Cech
That message happens sometimes when a string is not registered properly due to duplication.
The message should be dismissable - close button.
If there is no fatal error - then this is safe to be dismissed as noted in our errata page here https://wpml.org/errata/duplicate-entry-for-key-uc_domain_name_context_md5/

August 1, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2601831

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @trauthm
We patched your database and the problem should be resolved now.