This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

We are no longer responding here in this ticket.

If you have the message:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Please create a new ticket in our forum.

If you have message like this one:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array ( [language] =>

Please visit our errata page here: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

That issue can be resolved by using the [x] button in the upper right corner of the message to close and dismiss that message.

Do you have issues dismissing that message? If you do - then you can try to remove the key "wpml_notices" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix).

21% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1,976 replies, has 546 voices.

Last updated by dionneH-2 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
August 1, 2018 at 12:28 pm #2601880

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello again @johan Driesmans
We patched your database and I just sent you an invite from Dropbox for a dropbox folder with the patched database and import manual.
Please follow the manual and if you have problems, please let me know.

August 2, 2018 at 8:59 am #2604758

jordiT-4

George,

My apologizes, I didn't apply the patch you sent me. And since then I concatenated a very urgent task to another, til these not-so-busy days before summer holiday.
I've got the manual, but I didn't download the SQL files. Could you send me again? I will apply them to my WP database.

Thank you in advance,

P.D: Are this patches linked to some concrete WPML plugins version? I updated some of them some weeks ago, other ones are pending after patch appliance.

August 2, 2018 at 9:18 am #2604824

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @jordit-4
I am sorry, but I am not keeping the files for a long time so I don't have the files.
Also since a lot of time has passed, it is better if you send me another snapshot of the icl_string* tables - as there, I am sure, could be a lot of changes - so to avoid data loss.

August 2, 2018 at 11:10 am #2605075

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello again @jordit-4
I patched your database and sent you an invite to Dropbox folder with the patch and import manual.

August 2, 2018 at 1:08 pm #2605380

jordiT-4

Great! Instruccions followed, patch applied and message removed. Thank you, George!

August 2, 2018 at 3:49 pm #2606052

him-wingL

Hi

I've got this error message, please help.

Duplicate entry 'd18c0155b7445270ed727871274a7772' for key 'uc_domain_name_context_md5'
Array
(
[language] => zh-hant
[context] => admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_invoice_settings
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => d18c0155b7445270ed727871274a7772
[name] => [woocommerce_customer_invoice_settings]subject_paid
[value] =>
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] => 1
)

George

August 2, 2018 at 4:22 pm #2606195

uditS

hi,

I see this error on my dashboard. What you need from my side?

Also, my table icl_strings hardly have 7 rows and table icl_string_translations is blank.

August 3, 2018 at 6:40 am #2607932

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @him-wingl
That error can be safe to be dismissed as mentioned in this errata page: https://wpml.org/errata/duplicate-entry-for-key-uc_domain_name_context_md5/

If you have further issues (fatal errors) please open a new ticket in our forum.

Hello @udits
If your tables are empty, then you can drop the icl_string* tables and re-create them by following the steps here: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/ and then remove the key "wpml_string_table_ok_for_mo_import" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix).

August 3, 2018 at 7:00 am #2607967

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @torol
Thank you for your database, but there is only 1 WPML table, in the dump that you sent to me.
There is nothing for me to patch in that database, as you have not provided me the icl_string* tables.
Please verify the site dump and if you need this to be patched, send a dump which contains these tables.

August 3, 2018 at 8:30 am #2608242

janE-6

Hey guys. i've got that message that there is a problem with bei database. Can you help?
Best regards,
Lisa

August 3, 2018 at 8:49 am #2608325

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @jane-6
Please provide a database dump of the affected site
In order to patch your database we need as minimum these tables:

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

These tables contain only publicly visible information - strings that you already you display on your site.

If you wish, you can provide a full database dump - but perhaps you should consider to remove any private data from it before you send it to us in accordance to GDPR and our GDPR policy https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/

You can follow this guide on how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

Do mind that the commands from above guide should be run only on a STAGING site as they are destructive.
Be sure to have a backup of your database before you do any of them.

I am enabling the private reply for your next reply where you can upload the partial (or full) database dump or if you wish you can provide a link to a zip file with the database in the field for "Duplicator" package instead.

Please do note - an actual "Duplicator" package is NOT needed - we need just the tables mentioned above.

Please do note that if your database is over 2mb - it is then needed to upload it to Dropbox or similar service and share the link instead.

August 3, 2018 at 11:57 am #2609421

Efrem

Hello;
I have this error message on my site. Thank you!

Efrem

August 3, 2018 at 12:24 pm #2609529

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello, @efrem.
Please provide a database dump of the affected site
In order to patch your database we need as minimum these tables:

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

These tables contain only publicly visible information - strings that you already you display on your site.

If you wish, you can provide a full database dump - but perhaps you should consider to remove any private data from it before you send it to us in accordance to GDPR and our GDPR policy https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/

You can follow this guide on how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

Do mind that the commands from above guide should be run only on a STAGING site as they are destructive.
Be sure to have a backup of your database before you do any of them.

I am enabling the private reply for your next reply where you can upload the partial (or full) database dump or if you wish you can provide a link to a zip file with the database in the field for "Duplicator" package instead.

Please do note - an actual "Duplicator" package is NOT needed - we need just the tables mentioned above.

Please do note that if your database is over 2mb - it is then needed to upload it to Dropbox or similar service and share the link instead.

August 3, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2609797

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @efrem
I tried to import the database that you sent me, but I am encountering error in the middle of the process.
Could you check the file one more time please?
Also, I cannot see there the icl_string* tables.
Please export ONLY those tables. I don't need anything else.
-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

August 3, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2610418

georgiosA-4

Hi george,

Can you please fill me in on what I need to do.
it has been more than a week that my site is down and i am loosing leads and probably rankings
what version of php do you recommend updating to? is 7.2 ok
I have not received any message from you. I am resending the login info in case something happened

thank you
eri