Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

We are no longer responding here in this ticket.

If you have the message:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Please create a new ticket in our forum.

If you have message like this one:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array ( [language] =>

Please visit our errata page here: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

That issue can be resolved by using the [x] button in the upper right corner of the message to close and dismiss that message.

Do you have issues dismissing that message? If you do - then you can try to remove the key "wpml_notices" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix).

19% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1,986 replies, has 556 voices.

Last updated by Joerg 12 hours, 22 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 6:39 am #2794824

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello @magnusb-6
The code is executed on a page that has a footer, so if you just visited the home page and if you don't have footer there or lazy-loading of content - then the code probably did not execute.
If you wish, if you provide credentials for access (FTP and WordPress admin) I can take a look and fix the problem for you.

Hello @francist-5
Please provide a database dump of the affected site
In order to patch your database we need as minimum these tables:

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

These tables contain only publicly visible information - strings that you already you display on your site.

If you wish, you can provide a full database dump - but perhaps you should consider to remove any private data from it before you send it to us in accordance to GDPR and our GDPR policy https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/

You can follow this guide on how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

Do mind that the commands from above guide should be run only on a STAGING site as they are destructive.
Be sure to have a backup of your database before you do any of them.

I am enabling the private reply for your next reply where you can upload the partial (or full) database dump or if you wish you can provide a link to a zip file with the database in the field for "Duplicator" package instead.

Please do note - an actual "Duplicator" package is NOT needed - we need just the tables mentioned above.

Please do note that if your database is over 2mb - it is then needed to upload it to Dropbox or similar service and share the link instead.

October 8, 2018 at 10:07 am #2795486

jaumeJ

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

I've got this message.

What you need to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Jaume,

October 8, 2018 at 10:11 am #2795496

michaelP-83

Hi. I am having the same problem and some functions stopped working after the upgrade (for instance wp bakery does not show content from grid plus within the translated page, just ignores it).
"There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

p.s. when i try to open content in translation mode i get this error message: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_translator_id() on boolean in /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/menu/translation-queue/class-wpml-translations-queue.php:42 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Translations_Queue->load(Object(WP_Screen)) #1 /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(376): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen)) #4 /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(232): WP_Screen->set_current_screen() #5 /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-admin/admin.php(189): set_current_screen() #6 {main} thrown in /www/htdocs/w0102ebd/wp/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/menu/translation-queue/class-wpml-translations-queue.php on line 42

October 8, 2018 at 11:37 am #2795820

George Botsev
Supporter

@magnusb-6 Thank you for the credentials.
I patched your site.

Hello @jaumej
Well, we usually need a database dump of the affected tables.

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

Hello @michaelp-83
Please make sure that you are running the latest versions of WPML plugins.
I can help you with the message that we patch here, if you provide a database dump of the affected tables or access to your site, but for the other issues, I suggest that you open a new ticket in our support forum as they might require more attention.

October 8, 2018 at 2:26 pm #2796427

lucaD-2

"There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

Can you help me to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

October 8, 2018 at 3:03 pm #2796530

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @lucad-2
Yes, I can take a look at your database and analyse it.

Please provide a database dump of the affected site
In order to patch your database we need as minimum these tables:

-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

These tables contain only publicly visible information - strings that you already you display on your site.

If you wish, you can provide a full database dump - but perhaps you should consider to remove any private data from it before you send it to us in accordance to GDPR and our GDPR policy https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/

You can follow this guide on how to do that: https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/

Do mind that the commands from above guide should be run only on a STAGING site as they are destructive.
Be sure to have a backup of your database before you do any of them.

I am enabling the private reply for your next reply where you can upload the partial (or full) database dump or if you wish you can provide a link to a zip file with the database in the field for "Duplicator" package instead.

Please do note - an actual "Duplicator" package is NOT needed - we need just the tables mentioned above.

Please do note that if your database is over 2mb - it is then needed to upload it to Dropbox or similar service and share the link instead.

January 31, 2020 at 3:12 am #5395965

lagoutteC

Hi,

Could you help me please ?

February 17, 2020 at 2:29 pm #5508323

georgS-3

I need help with my website:

March 5, 2020 at 6:07 pm #5628897

paulF-13

I need help with my site

March 13, 2020 at 12:46 pm #5680083

georgS-3

Hello????? What am I paying for here?

I need help with my website:

March 18, 2020 at 10:35 am #5709639

67nj

I now have the same error:
"There is a problem with the String Translation table... Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."
I'm sorry to bother but I'm not sure if I'm following the correct procedure by posting here or I need to follow your errata page link at https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/
Thanks

March 26, 2020 at 4:44 pm #5772037

nicolaost

WPML String Translation is attempting to write .mo files with translations to folder:
/home/rootvaul/public_html/www.ikoservices.com/wp-content/languages

April 7, 2020 at 11:35 am #5856673

pamelaW

Hi,
Would you please also help me with the "There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."
I can send you FTP-login in a private mail.

regards

Pamela

April 8, 2020 at 4:43 pm #5868081

frankC-11

Hi,

I get the same issue:

I only have the tables:
icl_translation_downloads (editor_job_id download_url lock_timestamp)
icl_string_packages (ID kind_slug kind name title edit_link view_link post_id word_count)

I got the issue after resetting my website with hidden link .

Any way to fix it myself?
Could a database reset work?

Thank You!
WBR

April 15, 2020 at 3:57 pm #5915577

gabrieleP-14

Hi, i have the same problem, how can i solve it?

Thank you