This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

We are no longer responding here in this ticket.

If you have the message:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Please create a new ticket in our forum.

If you have message like this one:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array ( [language] =>

Please visit our errata page here: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

That issue can be resolved by using the [x] button in the upper right corner of the message to close and dismiss that message.

Do you have issues dismissing that message? If you do - then you can try to remove the key "wpml_notices" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix).

21% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 2,059 replies, has 578 voices.

Last updated by thomasW-22 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
September 5, 2017 at 2:13 pm #1360236

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

@leopoldr I got the file now. Thanks.

@julienb-5 Hello and thank you for contacting us.
Would you be so kind to provide us with a Duplicator clone or database dump so that I can confirm the issue and to analyze the proper way to fix it.
I am activating the private reply for your next reply.

September 5, 2017 at 2:19 pm #1360249

pierrev-2

Hi George, I have the same issue. Can you open a private conversation to send you my database,
Thanks,

Pierre

September 5, 2017 at 2:32 pm #1360281

M VINCENT

Hi,
Ok, so I've got it on one site (and will probably find it on more sites in the future)

September 5, 2017 at 2:48 pm #1360313

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @pierrev-2 and @m VINCENT
I am enabling the private reply for your next reply so that you can share Duplicator / database dump / credentials
This issue is relatively rare, so you might not encounter it on other sites that you might have @m VINCENT

September 6, 2017 at 6:17 am #1361136

George Botsev
Supporter

@vincent Thank you for the provided details and database dump.
The issue should happen only very rarely and due to its complexity of relations between the entries in the database, it is recommended that you ask us for assistance. Currently, our developers are analyzing the database exports so that we can provide the best solution possible and we will help patch your database.

@pierrev-2 the other issue that you mentioned is different from the one that we are looking here and I would like to suggest that you open a new ticket in our forum so that we can take a look at it and not add more unrelated stuff to this ticket. Yes, I have seen similar issues like the one that you report and it also happens very rarely due to improper update.
Because you have no strings registered - probably the tables for the strings have some issues with collation or fields. We need to check that, but please let's make it in another ticket as it is not related to this case.

September 6, 2017 at 7:30 am #1361201

Ellery

I have the same problem. But my site is a local vagrant site. Maybe you can post the related SQL scripts online so that we can run it ourself.

Thank you.

September 6, 2017 at 7:59 am #1361250

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @Ellery
I am afraid that this is not possible at this time, and also because of the way how the affected database entries are linked - it is recommended and required that our developers take a look first.
I am activating the private reply where you can share link to a database dump if you wish or a Duplicator package.

September 6, 2017 at 1:19 pm #1361961

George Botsev
Supporter

@julienb-5 thank you for uploading your duplicator.
Yes, there is a limit of the size of the upload...and your upload is rather big.

September 6, 2017 at 1:21 pm #1361963

bigbenI

Hi. I have the same issue. How can I contact you in private to send you my dump please ?

September 6, 2017 at 1:48 pm #1362012

George Botsev
Supporter

@julienb-5 I reviewed the issue and it is caused for another reason - the tables for strings appear to be missing. Please open a new ticket in our forum so that we can fix it for you.

Hello @bigbeni
I have activated the private reply for your next reply so that you can share it with us.

September 6, 2017 at 3:46 pm #1362251

anne-carolineP

Hello George,
I have the same issue. Can you open a private conversation to send you my duplicator / database / credentials,

Thanks a lot,
Anne

September 7, 2017 at 7:25 am #1362979

George Botsev
Supporter

Thank you @bigbeni, I have confirmed the issue and forwarded to our developers. I will get back to you when I have information.

@anne-carolinep I am setting your next reply as private and you can share the data.

September 7, 2017 at 10:48 am #1363409

antoineR-2

Hi !
I've got the same issue 'There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.'

Need help, please.

Thanks,

September 7, 2017 at 11:58 am #1363510

George Botsev
Supporter

@bigbeni, @m Vincent, @pabloq, @julienf-5
I am sharing with you dropbox link that you should get on your profile e-mails.
In the folder there - you will find 3 files.
full.db. yourdatabase
strings.only. yourdatabase
import manual.pdf

Please follow the instructions in the pdf file and import either the fixed strings only tables or the whole database (if your site has no new content / orders) since the time you provided the dump to us.
If you have a need for assistance, please let us know.

.N.B. Tomorrow I will be offline, so my colleague Amit will continue with this ticket and with the other databases that have been submitted.

@antoiner-2 I am activating the private reply for your next reply.

September 7, 2017 at 12:10 pm #1363529

antoineR-2

@georgebo ok, what should I do ? You need a copy of our database ?