Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

We are no longer responding here in this ticket.

If you have the message:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Please create a new ticket in our forum.

If you have message like this one:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array ( [language] =>

Please visit our errata page here: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

That issue can be resolved by using the [x] button in the upper right corner of the message to close and dismiss that message.

Do you have issues dismissing that message? If you do - then you can try to remove the key "wpml_notices" from the option table(by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix).

20% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 1,957 replies, has 530 voices.

Last updated by georgS-3 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
September 7, 2017 at 12:14 pm #1363534

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

@anne-carolinep Thank you for providing the duplicator package.
As far as I can see, you also have no icl_strings table - so that problem does not apply to you.
However, not having icl_strings table means that you cannot use String Translation plugin and that you require special assistance to recreate these tables for you.
This is why I ask you if you please to open a new ticket so that our support engineer can handle it and create the missing tables in your database and make your WPML work.

September 7, 2017 at 12:18 pm #1363537

George Botsev
Supporter

@antoiner-2 we need a copy of your database and our developers will patch it.
After the process is done, I will return you the copy with instructions on how to import it.

September 7, 2017 at 12:43 pm #1363565

M VINCENT

Hi,
I imported the strings only file, it all went smoothly.
Thank you

September 7, 2017 at 12:55 pm #1363579

George Botsev
Supporter

@anne-carolinep removing WPML or adding it again will not fix the missing tables in your database.
This ticket here is for a problem that is only in one field of one of the tables. Your problem requires additional help because it is for 5 tables that are missing, hence I asked you to open a new ticket where we can and will help you.

@m VINCENT I am glad to hear that everything is alright.

September 7, 2017 at 12:57 pm #1363592

antoineR-2

I can't install Duplicator...

September 7, 2017 at 1:26 pm #1363633

George Botsev
Supporter

@antoiner-2 you can use adminer or phpmyadmin and create database export for us.

September 7, 2017 at 1:28 pm #1363635

antoineR-2

@georgebo yes. no problem. How can I send it to you ?

September 7, 2017 at 1:52 pm #1363709

antoineR-2

I find the way to install Duplicator on a beta version. Can you please re-activate the private form ? Thanks

September 7, 2017 at 1:57 pm #1363713

George Botsev
Supporter

@antoiner-2 you can upload in a password protected folder on your web server or in a Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer or any other file sharing service that you trust and share the link to it in the private reply.
I am activating the private reply

September 8, 2017 at 8:30 am #1364615

prosperaM

Hi!

I am getting this message on my site. What should I do?

Thx!

Mario

September 8, 2017 at 11:48 am #1364984

Amit
Supporter

Hi Mario,

Sorry for that - I am activating the private box message for you, please create a DB dump, I'll pass it to our dev team and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks!

September 8, 2017 at 12:00 pm #1364998

swatiA

Hello,
i am receiving the same message on my site. pls suggest what to do on this.

Regards
Swati

September 8, 2017 at 12:01 pm #1365001

Amit
Supporter

Hi Swati

As I said above I need your DB dump so we can have a look, run a script and fix it, I am activating the private box for you too.

Thanks!

September 8, 2017 at 2:09 pm #1365138

Amit
Supporter

@mario - we have looked at your DB and it actually looks good, so I am not sure why are you seeing this message, I'd like to please ask you 2 things, we already know that you have a full back up of your site so please:

1. Remove wp option:

`wpml_string_table_ok_for_mo_import`

and check again if the error message still is there

2. Check the

wp_icl_strins table 

directly on the server and confirm that you have the

`uc_domain_name_context_md5` key 

Please let me know what you have found.

September 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm #1365307

jean-francoisL-3

Hi,
I have a String Translation Table problem with my site.
@jean-francoisl-3 for the latest site added to my account.