Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id

Solution: This kind of error is happening because of corrupt entry or misconfiguration in the Database. In this case element_type which has element_id 1387 of wp_icl_translations database table doesn't match tax_category of this entry in wp_posts database table.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup to fix the issue.

1) Go to your database using phpMyAdmin(or something similar)

2) Go to wp_icl_translations database table

3) Find entry with element_id:1387 and delete that row

Relevant Documentation:

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by raphaelE 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 14, 2017 at 7:51 pm #1372543

chrisH-11

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Its on our stage environment

I expected to see:
The wordpress Dashboard

Instead, I got:
Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'WPML_TF_Promote_Notices' not found in /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notice-render.php on line 101

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Notice_Render::must_display_notice() must be an instance of WPML_Notice, instance of __PHP_Incomplete_Class given, called in /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 170 and defined in /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notice-render.php on line 87

September 14, 2017 at 8:15 pm #1372562

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi @chrish-11,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

For your kind information, this Error is fixed in the latest version of WPML(3.8.1). Please upgrade to the latest version of WPML after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

https://wpml.org/errata/fatal-error-when-using-cyr-to-lat-enhanced-plugin/

You can access the WordPress Dashboard, by renaming the WPML folder(*sitepress-multilingual-cms*) in *wp-content/plugins* direcotry.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 14, 2017 at 8:40 pm #1372580

chrisH-11

Hello,

I updated the the wpml to 3.8.1. And now we get the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:1387 the database contains tax_category while this function was called with tax_post_tag' in /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1662): WPML_Set_Language->set('1387', 'tax_post_tag', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(2028): SitePress->set_element_language_details('1387', 'tax_post_tag', NULL, 'en') #2 /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php(2013): TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_taxonomy(Object(stdClass)) #3 /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/tra in /data/www/tune.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 28

Regards

September 15, 2017 at 8:22 am #1372939

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi @chrish-11,

Thank you for the updates. This kind of error is happening because of corrupt entry or misconfiguration in the Database. In this case element_type which has element_id 1387 of wp_icl_translations database table doesn't match tax_category of this entry in wp_posts database table.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure you are still having the issue.

1) Go to your database using phpMyAdmin(or something similar)

2) Go to wp_icl_translations database table

3) Find entry with element_id:1387 and delete that row

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 20, 2017 at 7:08 am #1377368

chrisH-11

Thank you that fixed my issue. What settings would have caused the DB to get corrupted?

July 24, 2018 at 8:52 am #2572597
raphaelE

This is my failure i got: (I need help!)

element_id and type do not match for element_id:1069

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-is-throwing-an-fatal-error/