If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by ideaspace 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
September 21, 2015 at 6:16 pm #709025

ideaspace

I am trying to : see my site in french but i see no string translation working

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: all site string with translations added in french

Instead, I got: string in English

September 21, 2015 at 6:43 pm #709032

ideaspace

No string translation working i tried downgrade version also
WPML Multilingual CMS 3.2.5, WPML String Translation 2.2.4, WPML Translation Management 2.0.3

September 22, 2015 at 8:24 am #709322

abdallah.d
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Beirut (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,

Is that string in a Widget?
In that case, please check our document on translating widgets per https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Per that article:
WordPress ships with a few default widgets and WPML will automatically register them for translation the moment you install WPML String Translation.

However custom widgets (titles and other texts) need to be registered for the translation to be used.
Could you please check you have followed the steps in that page to make sure your widgets are translated correctly?

If that string is not in a widget, please let me know what you're using. I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot further

Thanks, Abdallah

September 22, 2015 at 10:21 am #709448

ideaspace

Hello Abdallah,
I am not using widgets for them.
They are coming from text-domain.
Thanks

September 22, 2015 at 10:40 am #709467

abdallah.d
Supporter

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

September 22, 2015 at 1:12 pm #709647

abdallah.d
Supporter

Hi again,

Staging server access is much better 🙂

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately I'm not able to see the theme files in WordPress under Appearance > Themes (theme editor disabled). And the FTP credentials you sent are not working for me.

What I'm looking for is where that string (the one you circle in your screenshot) is coming from in the theme.

I will set the next reply as private as well, can you please check the credentials and permissions you sent.

Thanks, Abdallah

September 22, 2015 at 1:38 pm #709690

ideaspace

yes ,
They are in file home.php
Ftp credentials working fine for me and theme name is crowe-bgk as its wpmu subsite so editor not working for administrator.
Only super admin can edit via editor.
Thanks

September 23, 2015 at 9:46 am #710323

ideaspace

I am not very happy with the progress made by WPML team yet.
The project is very critical and from a big company & there progress is very slow.
I did not expect such support from a wonderful plugin team.
Please help

September 23, 2015 at 9:56 am #710338

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello Ronda,

This is Andrés from WPML support. As Abdallah is not available today, I would like to take care of your case if your OK with it?

If yes, I could successfully log into your FTP, however I'm having troubles trying to find those strings:
"Blog" and "Newsletter" as I understand they are being problematic for translation.
Could you please tell me in which file are they located ?

Thank you,
Andrés

September 23, 2015 at 10:06 am #710348

ideaspace

Yes You can,
I just want that issue need to be resolved anybody from WPML team can resolve that.
All string which are for string translation are not working "Blog" and "Newsletters" are just as example.
Yes i already shared FTP detail , WP-admin panel access.
and as per my last mail they are in File "Home.php"
SEPTEMBER 22, 2015 AT 1:38 PM
Thanks

September 23, 2015 at 10:11 am #710354

ideaspace

Can you please elevate the severity of this issue. This is very critical and its already more than 2 days we are just going back and forth. Thanks for your immediate attention to this.

September 23, 2015 at 1:53 pm #710619

Andrés
Supporter

I'll need to pass your case to our 2nd tier support however I would need a copy from your site for further local debugging. You can use a plugin for this purpose or provide us a link where to download your site.
I'll wait for your confirmation.
Next message will be private.

September 24, 2015 at 6:37 am #711081

Andrés
Supporter

Could you please indicate me where the copy is? Thank you

September 24, 2015 at 10:01 am #711300

ideaspace

This is a WP Multisite. Are you looking for the source code of the network or with the DB? I have already provided access to the staging. Can't you use that? Also, will reverting to an older version resolve this issue. We can do that. Plz advise.

September 24, 2015 at 10:51 am #711342

Andrés
Supporter

I have transmitted your case to our 2nd Tier support. However it would need further debugging and I'm pretty sure that even if this is a test site, a local installation may will be required. It would be great it you can allow us a copy of your site.

Regards