If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by ideaspace 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
September 24, 2015 at 11:18 am #711367

ideaspace

Hi Andrés, can you not download using the ftp credentials already shared with you? Would you need database as well?

September 24, 2015 at 12:36 pm #711444

ideaspace

Any thoughts Andrés? Is there a number I can call or Skype etc? This is taking too long to resolve due to the slow movement on the threads. Thank you.

September 24, 2015 at 3:23 pm #711629

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

This issue is already been passed to our 2nd Tier support.
Next message will be private in case you want to share a downloadable link wit your database.

September 24, 2015 at 3:35 pm #711644

Andrés
Supporter

I'm sorry, but as I say in my previous message, this is the only way I can make a private message. You only have to paste a link with where we can download your database copy.

September 24, 2015 at 7:18 pm #711804

ideaspace

Do you need anything else? Let me know plz.

September 25, 2015 at 6:37 am #712014

Andrés
Supporter

I have provided this new information to our 2nd Tier.
I'll let you know of any news.

Regards

September 28, 2015 at 1:25 am #713085

ideaspace

Folks any update on this issue?

September 28, 2015 at 3:35 pm #713708

ideaspace

Hi there...do you have any questions etc that I can answer? As you can see this is taking too long to be resolved. Please help!

September 28, 2015 at 5:39 pm #713801

ideaspace

Inside theme crowe-bgk, there is a file Home.php
Can you please elevate the severity of this issue. This is very critical and its already more than 6 days we are just going back and forth. Thanks for your immediate attention to this.

September 29, 2015 at 10:54 am #714315

Andrés
Supporter

It seems that our 2nd Tier support is overloaded. You'll be contacted soon.
Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards

September 29, 2015 at 6:29 pm #714789

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, I am Pierre from 2nd tier support.

After some investigations, I found out what could cause this problem. In your custom theme header.php, you switch the blog ("switch_to_blog()") and I think we are loosing some information there (not sure about what yet).

If you add the string <?php _e( 'Newsletters','crowebgk' ); ?> before to switch the blog in header.php, you will see it is correctly translated to french.

I will try to find more information about this issue and I will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Pierre

October 1, 2015 at 12:29 pm #716079

ideaspace

Thanks a lot,
Yes you are right , finally a expert help.
issue has been resolved.
So you mean ("switch_to_blog()") not goes well with WPML
It would be very nice if you share list of function not goes well with WPML
Thanks a lot!
Will mark issue resolved after some more testing.

October 2, 2015 at 10:27 am #716708

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello,

Actually, this is a bug in WPML. The string translation should be working correctly provided that you switch back to the initial blog ID. This issue has been escalated to our dev team and they will work on this. For the moment, I can't provide any schedule.

As a workaround, I would suggest to avoid using the "switch_to_blog()" function.

Regards,
Pierre

June 30, 2016 at 12:45 pm #937319

Pierre
Supporter

Hello,

I am reviewing some old threads, and I feel sorry not to have replied before. Actually, we still have tickets open in our development queue for your issue (so I will change the status to "Escalated to development"). However, I still can't provide any time frame for this issue to be handled and fixed.

But perhaps, your issue has been fixed with other developments as we had a lot of new versions since then.

If the problem has been fixed, please mark the thread as resolved.

Thanks,
Pierre

June 30, 2016 at 5:45 pm #938033

ideaspace

Thank you!