This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 23, 2018 at 12:36 pm

hardyH-2

I am trying to: Translating my Menus are not possible! And I want that the WPML Language Switcher in the Footer has a #fffff Corner around it and that if you hover over it, it has the same color as the footer and still a #fff corner and displays the lag.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hardyhaberland.com

I expected to see: Above.

Instead, I got: Nothing.

By the way, you guys are asking way too much in this support ticket for info!!! Very bad customer experience so far. 🙁

September 23, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2758786

hardyH-2

I could create the Menu after tweaking it for an hour... But still. The Hover Color needs adjustment. And is it also possible to move the location of the WPML Language Switcher Manually? 🙂

By the way, I hope you don’t take offense in my last prior sentence. It was just feedback. I think I wasn’t the first one who said this.

Thank you! 🙂

September 25, 2018 at 7:53 am #2762885

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm glad that the menu issue is solved by you eventually.

You are writing: "I want that the WPML Language Switcher in the Footer has a #fffff Corner around it and that if you hover over it, it has the same color as the footer and still a #fff corner and displays the lag."

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you want to achieve (like what is #ffff Corner, for example) but you can control the style of the Language Switcher in WPML -> Languages. If it is a footer Language Switcher, then you will need to tweak the 'Footer language switcher'. If I understand you correctly then specifically you will need to change the 'Other language background color'. Please see the attached screenshot.

Please read our documentation about the Language Switcher here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/
You can also design a custom Language Switcher. You can read about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/designing-custom-language-switchers-using-template-files/

Thanks for the feedback that you gave us. Having as much information as possible from the user helps us solve issues faster. I think that in your case you could have marked this ticket as 'Howto' and not 'Bug' and this way open a ticket faster.

Please let me know if this information is helping you achieve what you need.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Language Switcher’ is closed to new replies.