This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 2:16 am #4146763

Spiros

Although I have chosen to "skip language" in Language Switcher Options -> How to handle languages without translation":

the language switcher is doing what is supposed to do for a non translated category (i.e. hidden link)

but not for a non translated single product (i.e. hidden link)

I expect that the secondary language flag would not show up for any non translated page.

Am I missing something? I use WPML since always and I don't remember seeing this problem before.

July 5, 2019 at 7:43 am #4148631

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please share your Debug information with me? You can read the detailed explanation about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Meanwhile, could you please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue?

Note: Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables

If the issue still persists, as a test, could you please try to configure/add a WPML footer language switcher?

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

Does the footer language switcher also shows the flags of the untranslated content language?

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 5, 2019 at 10:15 pm #4154065

Spiros

Thanks for your reply. Here is the debug info.

I will also start following your instructions. I did not install this version of WPML. Some things I see for the first time in this installation and I am trying to take over, clean up and take control. I will also have a look in the debug info my self, but I will not be very fast. In parallel I am also trying to solve a few more issues.

Thanks for everything.

July 8, 2019 at 1:39 am #4158303

Spiros

Hi again. I went through all the above, but still that product, which has no translation in English (secondary language), keep displaying the English Flag. Also added the switcher automatically in the footer.
When I click on the English flag /en/ is added to the URL, it keeps the rest of the URL the same as in the primary language, and it results to a 404.
The URLs that I am testing are the same as in my initial post.
The only thing I didn't do yet is carefully go through the logs.

July 8, 2019 at 7:01 am #4159389

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your updates.

It could also be due to conflicting plugins/theme. Could you please check if this issue appears when:

-You deactivate all non-WPML plugins, except the plugins required to debug.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Note: Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML language switcher in single WooCommerce product which is not translated’ is closed to new replies.