Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by miroslavB-7 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
November 4, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4883193

miroslavB-7

Hi Bigul,

thank you for quick update! I appreciate you have tried the new version.

Meanwhile, I have found a tutorial on the internet, describing that most sites using WPML can get back to decent speed by deleting unused strings. I know that since last version of WPML, the string translation mechanism should be bypassed, however, I wanted to ask you if deleting the unused strings (I am trying that now) can theoretically speed up the performance.

When I indeed do turn off String Translation, the site is much faster, but that does not mean it is because database calls (which should be bypassed since last version, right?).

What do you think?

Thank you and have a good day!
Mirek

November 4, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4883975

miroslavB-7

Hello again,

just a side note - I have tried manually deleting most of the unused strings, but to no avail. It is only logical (as the new WPML version should bypass database calls anyway), but just so you know.

Fingers crossed,
Mirek

November 5, 2019 at 11:22 am #4888169

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Mirek,

Thank you for the updates. Since WPML 4.3, string translation logic will be working totally different. Therefore it will not be much helpful. In my tests, the site is working faster especially in the frontend when WooCommerce Multilingual plugin is inactive.

I am waiting for the expert opinion from our second-tier team now. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 13, 2019 at 5:07 am #4935671

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mirek,

For your kind updates, the issue is escalated to our developers for fixing. This is happening because of conflict with WooCommerce Currency management and other WooCommerce extensions you are using. We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have an update. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 13, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4939375

miroslavB-7

Hello there, Bigul,

thank you for your updates. I am glad that we are getting somewhere. 🙂 Please keep me posted!

Thank you,
Mirek

November 27, 2019 at 6:28 am #5026113

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mirek,

The issue is fixed in the development version of WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual plugins. The fix will be included in the upcoming version of the plugin. It is in the QA stage now.

We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have an update from our developers about the release. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 28, 2019 at 7:52 pm #5039407

miroslavB-7

Hello there, Bigul,

thank you very much for the updates!

May I ask what was the problem? As shedding some light on it would help me understand it.

At the moment, I was forced to use Polylang, but would love to switch back to WPML again, when the new version is ready. Do you have any (very loose) date on that?

Have a good day and cheers!
Mirek

November 29, 2019 at 5:43 am #5040331

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mirek,

We were about to update you. We have released the new versions of WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual plugins yesterday. The new version has included the fix for the issue. If possible, please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 3, 2019 at 5:20 pm #5063135

miroslavB-7

Hello there, Bigul,

thank you for the updates! I will try them this weekend and let you know, so please do not close the ticket just yet.

Thank you and looking forward to new version!
Mirek

December 11, 2019 at 10:07 am #5105093

miroslavB-7

Hello there, Bigul,

sorry for still not replying. I am dealing with another site problem at the moment, which does not permit me to try the new version. However, please bear with me for just a while longer.

Thank you!
Mirek