This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 3:43 am #4541523

anastasiaM

The site is incredibly slow

September 10, 2019 at 6:42 am #4542261

anastasiaM

I am not sure. I just saw that a new one was released. But it did not come to my website on time. I manage around 30 sites. It is impossible to know if i do not get a notification. The point is that this is an eshop. IT CANNOT be offline because the update was delayed

September 10, 2019 at 11:58 am #4545013

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you now.

1, Is the site still slow?

2. Please send the configuration of this site:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3. Have you enabled WordPress debug to see if there are any system notifications? If so, please post any relevant messages here.

4. Is this a new site and has the performance always been an issue? Or is this an existing site and performance is a new issue that might have happened after an upgrade of the plugins....

THanks for the additional information

September 13, 2019 at 7:01 am #4565933

anastasiaM

I have wpml disabled at the moment and performance is fine. The site is in siteground so it has no delay problems. Please leave the ticket open for next week so I have time to test a few things

September 13, 2019 at 7:35 am #4566121

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Ok - this will be in your inbox. Just reply when we can resume. Have a good weekend

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml makes site so slow that it causes 504 errors’ is closed to new replies.