Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

All of the known issues are documented in https://wpml.org/known-issues/ you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described here https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by lkraav 6 years, 8 months ago.

Author Posts
July 19, 2012 at 9:34 am #68234

lkraav

Hi

We have run into issues with the way wpml-marketpress applies filters. This causes mp_products_link(), shopping cart links etc to NOT point at the correct language.

This is how wpml-marketpress has apparently always (I track versions since 1.1.1) decided whether to apply filters:

28         if ($sitepress->get_current_language() != $sitepress_settings['st']['strings_language']) {                                                                    

But this an overly simplistic rule and fails at least in our scenario. This is the matrix:

Default Language - et
Strings Language - en
Current Language - en

Because all of the WP ecosystem is de facto in English, we also write our themes in English. I don't even see how "strings_language" can effectively be anything but English, otherwise String Translation doesn't even show the local language field.

But when we set Default Language to "et", wpml-marketpress doesn't look at it when it clearly should.

As it stands, when customers goes to hidden link:
* Default language is "et"
* Current language is "en"
* Strings language is "en"
* wpml-marketpress doesn't filter links, so all "en" customers end up with links to "et" shop!

My initial thinking is it should maybe be:

28         if ($sitepress->get_current_language() != $sitepress_settings['st']['strings_language'] || $sitepress->get_current_language() != $sitepress->get_default_language()) {                                                                    

but I'm not sure what other side effects this can have, and I could use your help figuring this out.

July 20, 2012 at 6:57 am #68362

lkraav

I'm running with this patch on two different sites for a day of work now and everything seems to be OK. I am almost certain including get_default_language() in the comparison is the way to go.

August 1, 2012 at 3:05 pm #69918

lkraav

Hi guys

Just wondering about these "assigned topics". It doesn't seem to have any effect on actually resolving topics. Whoever is assigned should at least take the time to respond so I know I'm not completely pissing my time in the wind here. I understand developers are superbusy always, but this product is broken in a critical way. It hasn't been possible to say a single word in 10 days..?

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml-marketpress-1.1.4: big problem, filter application logic is partial’ is closed to new replies.