This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dominique 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 9:15 am #4386471

Dominique

I am trying to update plugins

I expected to see: please have a look to attached screenshot

Best regards

August 13, 2019 at 9:40 am #4386729

Dominique

Hi,
I uploaded the WPML media plugin via ftp but the result is the same : plugin can not be actived.
As you can the on the screenshot, the latest versions are installed.

August 13, 2019 at 11:53 am #4387551

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Could you please manually update the plugins and let me know if this helps?

★ INSTRUCTIONS:

❌ Backup your website and database ❌
• Deactivate all WPML plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all WPML folders
• Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest stable WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > Plugins
• Complete the setup, if needed
• Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, clic on “generate key” button)
• Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS
• Click on the blue link that says “Registered”
• Download and activate all needed WPML AddOn Plugins

This should not generate any problems.

⌥ In case you want to register WPML for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wpml.org (something like hidden link)

⌥ In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-WPML Plugins deactivated,
and Theme Twenty sixteen enabled.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 13, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4387769

Dominique

Hi,
I uploaded the WPML media plugin via ftp but the result is the same : plugin can not be actived.
As you can see on the screenshot I previously attached, the latest versions are installed.

August 14, 2019 at 4:00 am #4392139

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Did you install a fresh copy of WPML core plugin too?

To further debug this issue, To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

August 14, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4394713

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

On the provided site I couldn't reproduce the problem as shown in the screenshots so can you provide me step to step guide to reproduce the problem?

Thanks

August 14, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4395507

Dominique

How could I provide a step by step guide? I only upgraded plugins!

Here are the 2 error messages on hidden link:

1- An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 6 of the file /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/class-wpml-media.php. Error message: Interface 'IWPML_Action' not found

2- An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 107 of the file /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php:107 Stack trace: #0 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php(90): WPML_Endpoints_Support->register_endpoint_string('order-pay', 'order-pay') #1 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Endpoints_Support->get_endpoint_translation('order-pay', 'order-pay', 'fr') #2 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('order-pay', Array) #3 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php(190): apply_filters('wpml_get_endpoi...', 'order-pay', 'order-pay', 'fr') #4 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php(179): WCML_Endpoints->get_endpoint_translation('order-pay', 'fr') #5 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Endpoints->add_

Here is the php log :

[Tue Aug 13 11:02:17 2019] [error] [client 81.50.206.110] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php:107\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php(90): WPML_Endpoints_Support->register_endpoint_string('order-pay', 'order-pay')\n#1 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Endpoints_Support->get_endpoint_translation('order-pay', 'order-pay', 'fr')\n#2 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('order-pay', Array)\n#3 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php(190): apply_filters('wpml_get_endpoi...', 'order-pay', 'order-pay', 'fr')\n#4 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php(179): WCML_Endpoints->get_endpoint_translation('order-pay', 'fr')\n#5 /home/wp-bc/web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Endpoints->add_ in /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php on line 107, referer: hidden link
[Tue Aug 13 11:36:36 2019] [error] [client 90.57.220.92] PHP Fatal error: Interface 'IWPML_Action' not found in /home/wp-bc/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/class-wpml-media.php on line 6, referer: hidden link

Best regards

August 19, 2019 at 3:44 am #4413453

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

As shown in the first screenshots I am unable to see any errors on the plugins page, being so I need a way to replicate the issue.

I understand that there might be a log where the error has been shown but I need a way to replicate (trigger) it so I can check and fix it, can you try to browse the plugins and it's settings yourself and see any issues currently?

Thanks

August 19, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4416147

Dominique

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!