This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
February 26, 2013 at 6:36 pm #107393

ooluja

Any news about this: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/removing-images-from-gallery-wpml-media/ I'm waiting for this feature over a year 🙂

February 27, 2013 at 6:06 am #107451

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello ooluja,

Let me consult our development department to check the status. I will come back to you soon.

February 27, 2013 at 12:47 pm #107539

ooluja

Ok, thanks 🙂

February 28, 2013 at 1:55 pm #107863

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi ooluja,

You're welcome - hope to get the answer today still.

March 5, 2013 at 10:30 am #108965

ooluja

Any news? 🙂

March 5, 2013 at 4:31 pm #109107

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Ooluja,

Yes, the situation is this:
This additional feature has not made it (yet) into our internal feature list.

Reason being is similar to what Harshad mentioned here: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/removing-images-from-gallery-wpml-media/#post-69820
"The media translation plugin will allow to use the same uploaded media (images, audio, movies, etc.) in different translations, without having to re-upload duplicate content."

Means basically, if WPML would automatically delete the media then a lot of other users would have a problem with it - they need to reupload their Media files again and cannot re-use them.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Media delete images on translation’ is closed to new replies.