This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I think I have a problem with WPML Media, I have a gallery page where I added all the photos (now the images are 153), but in other languages I only see the images to which I translated the title and the caption, the other images are not displayed.

Solution: - Go to WPML-> Settings -> Media Translation. - WPML Media settings are enabled correctly. X Translate existing media in all languages X Duplicate existing media for translated content X Duplicate the featured images for translated content

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 11:08 am

Adriano

Hola Andrés,

It had been a long time since we had heard each other, I hope everything goes well.

I think I have a problem with WPML Media, I have a gallery page where I added all the photos (now the images are 153), but in other languages I only see the images to which I translated the title and the caption, the other images are not displayed.

• hidden link > Italiano 153 images
  • hidden link > English 53 images
  • hidden link > Francais 33 images
  • hidden link > Deutsch 33 images
  • hidden link > Español 33 images
  • hidden link > Русский 33 images

I would also like to be able to view the images that have not yet been translated, this is possible?

All images have the same title (custom rental) and the same caption (custom rental). Since the text does not change from one photo to another, is it possible to translate all the images at the same time?

Un saludo,

Adriano

September 27, 2018 at 3:48 pm #2771115

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hola Adriano,

¿Cómo va todo? 🙂

I went to WPML > Settings > Media Translation and run the media translation process. Once it finished, everything seems alright. If you don't translate your images, they should keep the original title and other attributes.

Does it work for you?

Regards,
Andrés

September 28, 2018 at 12:06 pm #2773679

Adriano

Ciao Andrés,

I'm fine ? and how are you?

Thank you so much, now I can see all the photos in all languages.

Is there a possibility to translate all the photos at once? Something like Windows or Mac: select all - rename all the photos with just one click.

A saludo,

Adriano

September 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm #2774084

Andrés
Supporter

Ciao Adriano 🙂

With the previous procedure you can translate all your images and the original content will be copied to secondary languages. However, if you mean to translate titles and other data, I'm afraid we are not at that point yet.

Did I get it right?

Regards,
Andrés

October 4, 2018 at 1:03 pm #2787598

Adriano

Ciao Andrés,

Yes, I wondered if it was possible to translate the title, for example, from "noleggio costume" into "costume rental" on all the images without having to translate them one by one.

October 4, 2018 at 1:41 pm #2787713

Andrés
Supporter

Hola Adriano, 🙂

Oh no, I'm afraid it is not possible so far. However, there is a new feature that may help in a future. There is something new called "Translation Memory". The idea is that if it found the same string in WPML > String Translation, it would propose you inmediatly the translation that you made for 1 string. For example:
- You have one string "home" which you have translated as "casa".
- If you have several strings called "home" coming from several domains, it would propose you "casa" for all of them.

However as I mentioned, this is a new feature and only available for strings not for images so far. 🙁

Regards,
Andrés

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

October 5, 2018 at 11:41 am #2790578

Adriano

Before closing the topic as resolved, I would like to know if add new images I will have the same problem or will be displayed.

October 5, 2018 at 1:51 pm #2790983

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Adriano,

I shouldn't be necessary again. However, if it would happened again, I would be happy to further investigate.

Have a nice weekend! 🙂
Andrés

October 6, 2018 at 3:43 pm #2792942

Adriano

Thanks Andrés for helping me. A good weekend to you too!