This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 7, 2018 at 9:44 am

Albert

I am trying to: Avoid duplicate media attachment pages created using WPML Media

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Main Page: hidden link
Duplicate page created using WPML Media: hidden link
AMP Version created using "Better AMP Plugin": hidden link

I expected to see: Only one main media attachment page.

Instead, I got: Duplicate pages in other language URLs and it's AMP pages as well.

If I deactivate the WMPL Media plugin, I want that already duplicated WMPL pages gone. How do I do that? I've unchecked all the options at WMPL settings under Media section.

Please help.

Screenshot: hidden link

September 10, 2018 at 5:37 am #2718729

Albert

Hi,

Please provide support.

September 10, 2018 at 12:19 pm #2719864

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I think you are talking about duplicate media rather than the duplicate page, is this correct?

To remove duplicate media files, please follow the steps as mentioned here:https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cleaning-up-duplicated-media-files/#post-889647

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 20, 2018 at 8:25 am #2751432

Albert

Hi,

I tried the same but issue is the same.

I've completed deactivated the WPML Media and "Better AMP" plugin. But the 2nd version created by WPML media plugin is not hitting in 404 and in 302 error.
Do not know what to do.
WPML Media plugin created a big mess. It was a performance issue and now it is causing all these errors.

PFA screenshots.

September 21, 2018 at 10:21 am #2754883

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Could you please regenerate your sitemap once and submit to google webmaster again?

Further, the login details provided is not of administrative privileges so I couldn't debug the issue further, could you please provide me the administrative login so I can check your settings once? You can edit your previous private reply if you want to send me updated details.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Media Plugin creating another version of Media page’ is closed to new replies.