This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 6:50 am #4104873

Mr. Ghost

See email below wordpress site health function emailed me about this morning.

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Media.

First, visit your website and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (/wp-admin/post.php) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 130 of the file /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130
Stack trace:
#0 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element))
#1 /public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(1629)
#2 /mnt/data/h

June 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4107449

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue.

It seems that there was an issue with the media translation module. Would you know how to reproduce this error?

Do you know what action you were doing that caused this error to occur?

June 28, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4108487

Mr. Ghost

Nothing, got this email this morning fro WP core site health function. So something is not healthy in your plugin I assume.

June 28, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4108651

Yvette
Supporter

It is an email indicating that some action casued an error. It could be a plugin problem or it could be a data-related problem.

Without more information, or a way to reproduce the error, it´s hard to address the issue.

1. Clarifications
1.1 Did you re-activate the plugin and did the same error happen?
1.2 Are you currently able to function normally on your site?
1.3 Are you in the process of translating content that includes media?
1.4 Have you completed the WPML > Settings > Media Tranlsation > Start process?

Thanks

June 28, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4108679

Mr. Ghost

Please understand nobody touched the site during the night. And got this email in the morning. It's a health check from WordPress which I assume you are aware about that they introduced in 5.x.x?

I can not tell either but I thought there is something for you to send to your developers to look into. You don't always have to send a fully 60 pages troubleshooting book to them. This is very much enough to sen to them to be aware and look into. I work with developers daily so I don't see why you never can forward information to yours.

The storage or database has plenty of space left no issue there.

Sorry can help more I expect you send information to your developers.

June 28, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4108885

Yvette
Supporter

You wrote: "..You don't always have to send a fully 60 pages troubleshooting book to them... I work with developers daily so I don't see why you never can forward information to yours..."

Well - we also have our protocols and troubleshooting that we have to execute before passing something up to development. From experience, many times this kind of error has more to do with data than with coding.

I´ve already looked at several instances of this error, and the problems range from missing configuration to compatibility issues.

Here is a similar and recent ticket where executing the cleanup tools resolved the issue:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-uncaught-typeerror-on-post-save/#post-3977401

Could you please try these steps to see if it will resolve your issue?

June 29, 2019 at 8:19 am #4111341

Mr. Ghost

Have done those and I do not experience any issues related to the wpml media translator. But when wordpress site health emails me I receive an alert and want to check with you guys.

We have no space issues we have 10gb left on files and on the database so no issues there.

Should I connect something here? hidden link nothing relevant to connect like cpt's and other things. Just asking.

July 1, 2019 at 7:27 am #4116099

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I checked the screenshot against my test system. No, you do not have to connect entry that to anything.

If you are no longer receiving the message then, do we mark this issue as closed?