This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dietmarM-3 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 3:02 pm #2843126

dietmarM-3

I am trying to complete the WPML Media Translation on a WordPress local installation in a subfolder. This is a special installation, so that the WordPress Backend is in hidden link but the Frontend shows: hidden link See wpml-error-02.jpg

This installation works fine for me, no problems in Frontend, Backend etc. only the setup of WPML Media makes problems:
I see: wpml-error-01.jpg (the setup never ends)

I noticed: with normal installation of WordPress I not have this problems. Only when I have the special constellation with wordpress url ist not website url, only when I have this: see wpml-error-02.jpg

My workaround is:
I change temporary in WordPress > Settings the website address url to the WordPress address url, then I complete the WPML Media Setup. Then I change the website address url again in what I neet.

1.) Can you confirm, that this workaround not makes problems?
2.) Perhaps there you can modify the WPML Media setup so that it works also with WordPress Address url != Website address url?

Thanks

October 24, 2018 at 2:40 am #2844655

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I tested this in my testing environment and it worked correctly.

To add WordPress to your own directory you are using the WordPress guide: https://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory?

If the problem persists, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Also, I've noticed that you are using 40MB of memory. The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please, could you increase the memory limit for WordPress? To do it, please open the wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation and after the opening PHP tag, add these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

E.g.:

<?php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then save the file and using your FTP client, upload wp-config.php to your server.

Thank you.

October 24, 2018 at 12:05 pm #2846116

dietmarM-3

To:

1) Yes, I used exact this guide: https://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory with Method I (Without URL change).

2) I use a clean WordPress Installation with no plugins, only WPML.

3) My problem non persist, because I found this workaround:
I have changed temporary in WordPress > Settings the Website address url to the WordPress address url, so that Website url and WordPress url are the same. Then I complete the WPML Media Setup. Then I have changed the website address url again in what I need.

My question is:
Do you mean that the WPML Media Setup is now ok? It is a problem for the WPML Media Setup when the Website url during the setup was different?

Thank you

October 24, 2018 at 4:52 pm #2847347

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

>>> Do you mean that the WPML Media Setup is now ok? It is a problem for the WPML Media Setup when the Website url during the setup was different?

I have not been able to replicate this problem and therefore I am not sure if this problem you are reporting is actually happening because of WPML Media or because of some configuration you are using.

By default, I just followed the WordPress documentation in a fresh installation and set up the two types of format displayed on the WordPress documentation. In both types, it worked correctly, without displaying the error 400.

Thank you.

October 25, 2018 at 7:04 am #2848821

dietmarM-3

I understand. It's ok.