This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
November 16, 2012 at 9:35 am #84886

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

Have installed WPML on my fresh ready site (original language is Hebrew) seemed to work more or less fine, till I found this (screenshot attached) the WPML seems to mess up something with the custom fields I have created and use as a filter (Custom field – wpcf-event-type:), it seems to spit out the whole tag instead of just the string. Dismenteling did not help and now half of the site is all messed up.

I need help any suggestions ?

Thanks Amit

November 16, 2012 at 10:54 am #84918

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear Amit,

Can you confirm that you have the String Translation plugin installed?

Best,
David

November 16, 2012 at 11:00 am #84920

Amit
Supporter

Hi David
Yes I do!

I have just disabled & uninstalled the WPML, had to sort out some shortcode tags and now all looks good again. I will reinstall later & try again. I have two things I am not sure of:

1. workflow - where do I start - with the custom post types ? the views ? the views templates? or does it matter at all ?
2. For my taxonomy, custom post types, custom fields, conditions, views, views templates etc... I have used always English (although the content to show is in Hebrew) how can I manage that ? I REALLY don't want to change now all that to Hebrew.

Thanks
Amit

November 16, 2012 at 12:03 pm #84945

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Amit,

1. Start with the custom types, taxonomies and custom fields. Then continue with Views and View Templates.

2. In the string translation module you can indicate the source language of the strings. See attached image.

Let me know if theres anything else I can help you with.

David

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML mess up Views custom fields’ is closed to new replies.