Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 15, 2019 at 3:32 pm

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

Since my last WPML update, something odd affects my website. My main language of the website works fine, however the translated version in english, french, italian... does not longer work in temrs of shipping classes. The shipping classes are not properly used for the translated website.

In order to generate the problem please implement the following steps:
1. open the german or french version of the website
2. click on the menu vasen/vases
3. Add a vase to the cart
4. In the cart, proceed and go to the check out page
5. As country, select germany or france. You can see that the shipping cost is 95 Euros

Differently, if you follow exactly the same steps with the english website the shipping cost is zero Euros in line with the shipping classes that I have created.

I do not know why the shipping classes (for some categories) are not following the implemented shipping rules.

Please advice.

Fabio.

December 15, 2019 at 6:33 pm
December 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm #5134001

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

Following the advice of Itamal, one of your experts with whom I chatted, I deactivated all plugins. In my basic mode I had a twentyseventeen theme, woocommerce and WPML plugins only. I can confirm that there is a conflict between woocommerce and WPML. In this configuration, I cannot save any change to the shipping classes. Changes are not retained.

In addition, as per my original post, the translated website apply different shipping classes costs than the one defined in the shipping class menu. On the contrary, the main language in english works perfectly.

Could you please advice what to do for solving the issue?

Thanks.

December 16, 2019 at 10:58 am #5137667

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I've checked things on your site, and I can see that the issue persists even in the minimum environment. I've checked a few other things.

According to another similar issue (at the following link), I thought that the problem is with the multi-currency settings.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fixed-rate-shipping-of-woocommerce-products/#post-4613143
But the problem persists even if I deactivate the multi-currency option.

I could also see that the Translations of taxonomy Shipping class labels and slug are showing as if they are translated where, in fact, they were empty. Please see the attached screenshot. I'm not sure what caused this issue, but filling the translation didn't solve the issue either.

On my test site with a fresh WordPress installation, I tried to replicate the issue. But it is not happening on my test site.

I don't see any JS errors in the browser's console. Therefore, the next step would be to check for PHP errors. I couldn't check it myself lf because I don't have the FTP access details to your site. So please proceed with the following instructions.

If the minimum environment procedure did not point to the problematic plugin or theme, please do the following:
Please provide me with the WordPress debug.log
Please check this page for instructions.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
Look under the headline "Enabling the built-in debugging feature in WordPress".
To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);.

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings which is recommended on a live site.
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

After enabling the debug.log, please resave the shipping methods when WPML + add-ons are active to repeat the error (costs are not being saved.) Then, in this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory. If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link, it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).

Please, could you provide me the additional Info?
If you want me to perform this procedure, please share with me the FTP access details. For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 16, 2019 at 10:05 pm #5141365

anitaK-2

Dear Itamar,

Please find the debug log here: https://pastebin.com/7VJN0S7P

Please let me know.

Thanks,

December 17, 2019 at 8:16 pm #5149787

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I'm consulting our second tier supporters about this issue.
I'll update you here when I have a reply from them.

Thank you for your patience.

December 18, 2019 at 11:01 am #5154483

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

To our second-tier supporter's request, I've created a copy of your site with the Duplicator plugin (already deleted from your site) and escalated the issue to our second tier supporters.

I'll keep you updated here on any news regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

December 20, 2019 at 9:48 am #5169663

anitaK-2

Dear Itamar,

Do you have any update concerning the issue?

Fabio

December 22, 2019 at 8:53 pm #5180289

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Fabio.

I'm sorry but I have no update at the moment.
I'll keep you updated here.

Regards,
Itamar.

December 27, 2019 at 7:44 am #5199127

anitaK-2

Dear Itamar,

Could you please tell me if the second level of support is currently working on the issue and identifyed the root cause?

More than 10 days passed by since I opened the ticket and this issue is really affecting our website, preventing to work properly. It is very urgent for us.

A copy of our website was made by yours and I hope that this will help you to speed up the solution identification. In this respect I would like to ask you to confirm that the data of our website will not be shared with third parties and it will be fully deleted once the ticket will be closed.

Thank in advance for your understanding.

F.

December 30, 2019 at 3:03 pm #5211993

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier supporter couldn't replicate the issue with a copy of your site on his local server. He mentioned that he needed to PHP timeout to run the site.

I asked our second-tier supporter to see the problem on your staging site where it still exists. And I'm waiting for a reply from him.

Meanwhile, can you please check if increasing the max_execution_time on your server helps to solve the issue?
hidden link

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 1, 2020 at 5:22 pm #5219577

anitaK-2

Dear Itamar,

I would like to close the ticket because I solved it in a different way, I will leave the shipping costs as they are with no changes.

Could you please reply to the question that I raised in my previous message but unfortunately was not replied. Could you please confirm that the copied website and whole data will not be shared with any third parties and will be deleted from your local machine and second level support machines/server?

This is very important for us, I would need you to confirm the deletion of the copied files and data.

Best regards.

Fabio.

January 1, 2020 at 10:10 pm #5219867

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry for missing your question from the previous reply.

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information.
Please see everything at this link:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I confirm that the copy of your website and whole data will not be shared with any third parties and will be deleted from my local machine. I've also asked our second-tier supporter to confirm that he has also deleted the copy of your site from his local server. When I have his confirmation, I'll let you know here.

Regards,
Itamar.

January 2, 2020 at 2:13 pm #5224255

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier supporter confirmed that he deleted the copy of your site from his local server.

If you don't have further inquiries, please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.