This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 9:07 am

paulA-27

I am trying to: translate a page into english from french

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: There are additionnal fields from my base theme that show up when I try to translate pages on the website. Here's the "translated" page where you can see a big grey block and an "Advanced search" that pop up on top of the page --> hidden link

I expected to see: a page like the original one in french, where the page starts with a header image, and " Vous recherchez le projet idéal " text.

Instead, I got: You can see a big grey block and an "Advanced search" that pop up on top of the page --> hidden link even if it's NOT present on the original page.

October 16, 2018 at 5:52 pm #2822029

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @paula-27, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

It looks like some page options are not being copied to the translation.

Please check if there is a "Page Options" section on the edit screen of the page (original language). If so, scroll down to "Multilingual Content Setup", set the related fields to "copy" and click on Apply. After that, do a small modification on the page content and save, then update the translation.

If it does not work, please try to fix the options on the translation using the translation editor:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (default language)
- Change the language using the language switcher at the top admin bar
- If it displays a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
- Edit the page options on the translation and save

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego