Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Richard 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
March 3, 2014 at 5:39 pm #351112

Richard

This issue started with the 3.1.4 releases I believe. We use the Editorial Calendar plugin for WP.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/editorial-calendar/

Now, when viewing the calendar, no English posts appear (or main language). Only translated posts appear in the calendar and in the list of unscheduled posts.

This issue disappears when I disable the WPML CMS plugin and view the calendar again.

Thanks,
Rich

March 4, 2014 at 10:06 am #351496

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Dear Richard,

My name is Konrad and I will assist you when we will solve this problem together.

I want to be sure that this is really new bug in WPML 3.1.4-beta6 (btw, we released yesterday 3.1.4 stable, you can see it at bottom of page). Could you do some test for me?

1. Create database backup (to be sure)
2. Downgrade WPMl to 3.0.x
3. Check if calendar works fine
4. You can update to 3.1.4 (or stay with 3.0.x as long as we will not solve issue, if it occurs as really new bug in 3.1.x)

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have

March 4, 2014 at 5:51 pm #352035

Richard

Hi Konrad,

As you stated, 3.1.4 was released yesterday. There is no download to the last 3.0.x release. I do not see a way to download the old release.

Rich

March 4, 2014 at 6:17 pm #352046

Richard

Hi Konrad,

I was able to find a copy of 3.0.2 that I had downloaded a few weeks ago. I tried downgrading to that, and I got runtime errors involving missing methods in the string translation class.

I'm not able to run this old version now.

I'm back to 3.1.4, String Translation 2.0.4 and Translation Management 1.9.3.

It is still the case that if I deactivate CMS, then the editorial calendar works as before. So the issue is definitely with WPML CMS.

And I know the calendar was working a few weeks ago (during the 3.0.x time).

You all should be able to test on your wp installations. It's a free plugin.

Rich

March 5, 2014 at 8:58 am #352302

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi Richard

this is still possible to download older versions 🙂 When you are at http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/, under every plugin you have link to changelog and there you can see previous versions of plugin. So just go there and download 2nd on the list for every plugin which you uses. And then replace plugin folders in wp-content/plugins (you dont have to deactivate and activate)

March 5, 2014 at 4:38 pm #352838

Richard

Hi Konrad,

As I said in my last post, I had found a copy of 3.0.2 and tried it already. I got runtime errors though after activation, due to some code changes I believe. I had to revert back to 3.1.4.

Rich

March 5, 2014 at 5:01 pm #352867

Richard

Hi Konrad,

I tried one more time, and this time it worked. I think my opcode cache didn't clear properly last time.

I tried CMS 3.0.2-a and 3.0.1 and still saw the issue. So I'm not sure now when it started occurring.

To complicate matters, the calendar plugin had an update. I tried the previous version of it as well, but still saw the issue. So it's a bit confusing.

The only thing that is consistent, is that when I deactivate the WPML CMS plugin, then I see all posts in the calendar, not just translated posts.

I also tried deactivating the string translation, and translation management plugins, to see if they had any effect, but they had none. It all hinges on the CMS plugin.

Thanks for your help,
Rich

March 6, 2014 at 7:32 am #353169

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi Richard

Ok, lets stop searching when this was working and when stopped 🙂 Lets assume that this plugin doesnt work at all with WPML. Now I will move this to our Plugin Compatibility Team. They will contact with plugin author and start to work on compatibility. But I cannot promise when this will be fixed or even if it will be fixed: it depends on what plugin author will answer.

Now I will close this ticket, but I will update you when I will have any information

August 22, 2014 at 11:17 pm #456344

Richard

I've updated to WPML 3.1.7.1 and the issue is now resolved.

Rich