This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 11:59 am #4439083

dfumagalli

Hello,

I am trying to:
Install WPML Multilingual CMS 4.3.0-b.6 on a website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Media Translation plugin being available for download

Instead, I got:
Nothing

Basically, we want to add the new WPML to a new website but we need media translation as well. Is it included in the main plugin, no? Or do we have to wait for media translation to be released?
I found odd, how other sub-plugins are there and available for beta 4.3.0-b.6, while media translation is not.

Best regards,
Dario F.

August 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4440365

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

If you don't see a beta version for the Media Translation plugins is that it hasn't been released yet. In this case I would recommend to try use the actual version of the plugin (if possible) and keep an eye on the new releases of Media Translation.

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 22, 2019 at 9:44 pm #4442995

dfumagalli

Hello,

the one reason I am risking the beta is to avoid current (and past) version heavy database calls.

Wouldn't installing legacy / current Media Translation plugin just bring back the database calls on the media?

And what happens when it'll become available with the new *.mo files management? Shall the database be purged of the now useless records or will I keep the typical large amount of database rows anyway, just without further access?

August 23, 2019 at 11:22 am #4446339

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Please remember this is still in beta version, which means that changes are being added as we speak.

Wouldn't installing legacy / current Media Translation plugin just bring back the database calls on the media? -> I can't tell you for sure, but if a new version of Media Translation is required, our development team will release it.

And what happens when it'll become available with the new *.mo files management? Shall the database be purged of the now useless records or will I keep the typical large amount of database rows anyway, just without further access? -> I can't tell at this time because, as I said earlier, this new version is still in beta. I think you won't have to be worried about it because the plugin should take care of that.

I'm sorry if I didn't give you more concrete answers but at this stage this is the only information I have. I recommend you to stay updated about the WPML's emails and posts in our blog so you will get all the information on time.

Regards,
Carlos

August 23, 2019 at 11:25 am #4446353

dfumagalli

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

August 23, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4447413

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.

Best regards,
Carlos