This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 20, 2018 at 1:11 pm #2752257

kostasM-4

Recently I noticed that some products just disappeared, both from the wordpress back office and front end.

After trying to debug, I found a temporary solution. These are the steps I am following:

1) Deactivating WPML Multilingual CMS
2) Refresh products on back end (At this point the products appear again)
3) Open the products for editing
4) Reactivating WPML Multilingual CMS
5) Update products (At this point the products appear again both in the back and front end)

This issue is still happening with random products. No changes have been made to these products, they just disappear.

Today I noticed that google stopped indexing these products, as the page is not found (404).

I have posted this issue recently, but it has not been resolved.

Please assist.

September 21, 2018 at 2:32 pm #2755556

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please make sure your website meets the minimum requirements found here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Next, please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database. Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

September 29, 2018 at 10:52 am #2775534

kostasM-4

Hi Lauren,

I have followed these steps before, but with no luck. I still can't even figure out how this is caused and I cannot replicate it.

I am following these steps again and will let you know when the problem happens again.

October 1, 2018 at 1:19 pm #2778301

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Okay, let me know when it happens again and I will be happy to continue troubleshooting.