This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 16, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2160999

Michela

I am trying to: update WPML Multilingual CMS, Divi Theme version 3.2.2. I use also the following plugins:

Akismet Anti-Spam
Select Aspen Footer Editor
Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
Select ManageWP - Worker
Monarch Plugin
Social Media Plugin
Select Wordfence Security
Wordfence Security - Anti-virus, Firewall and Malware Scan
WP Smush
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: plugin section of WordPress for the website hidden link

I expected to see: I expect to manage to update the plugin as usual

Instead, I got:a message of Plugin failed to update and succesively this message: WPML can report to your wpml.org account which theme and plugins you are using. This information allows us to give you more accurate and faster support.

May 17, 2018 at 8:02 pm #2182083

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @michela, welcome to our support forum!

Please uncheck the "WPML can report to your wpml.org account which ..." box and try again.

What error message does it display exactly? Could you please send us a screenshot?

Alternatively you can also do the update manually. Please follow this steps:
- Download and activate the "Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades" plugin from the WP repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
- Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin.
- Upload and activate the WPML zip file to your WordPress dashboard.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

May 22, 2018 at 10:17 am #2206843
Michela

I did what you suggested. It seems now the plugin is updated to the last version. I have another issue with WPML and I am not sure if I need another ticket for this. On the same website hidden link I have mismatched layout from the English and Italian home page. I refer to the front end only. In the WP dashboard everything is showing fine. On the front end, the English page misses some elements (image slide with signature in the slider and a page I've added in the footer), some blog posts are missing too from the blog page and the homepage shows elements I've never design (such square social icons buttons). The Italian home page on the other hand has no problems. I've contacted the hosting service (one.com) and asked to disable their own cache. They did. I've cleaned wpml cache, too. Nothing happened. From the hosting service customer support I've been told that they suspect a WPLM problem. I use Divi theme (also contacted them and they entered and check in WP). No problems from their side but they suspect a cache problem from the hosting side. If I dectivate the plugin the problem is still there. Can you please help me to figure out this?

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-divi-and-page-sync/

May 22, 2018 at 12:24 pm #2208026

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Michela,

I'm glad to hear that the update issue has been resolved 🙂

I will close this ticket and mark it as resolved. I created another ticket for the new issue. I'll answer there.

All the best,
Diego