This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 11, 2019 at 3:58 pm

johnL-32

Basic site info:
Wordpress 5.1.1
PHP 7.2
Theme: Aquila vs. 5.8.2

Admins were not able to access dashboard. Error in log (see img)

The versions of WPML I saw we were running were (did not show updates):
WPML Multilingual CMS v 4.0.8
WPML String Translation 4.0.8
WPML Translation Management 4.0.8

I see on your site, downloads for versions 4.2.5 and am wondering if those would fix issues. The person who did the installation said it was complicated and does not want to lose the original settings.

I currently have the file removed from the plugins file and placed elsewhere so we can access the dashboard. If I am logged into the dashboard and I FTP the plugin back into the plugin file, as soon as I activate the plugin, I can no longer see any plugins - the plugin screen goes white. If I log out of WordPress, I will not be able to log back in to view the dashboard.

For FTP access info provided below, use port 2222.

Currently, the sitepress-multilingual-cms file is placed into the _wpeprivate folder in the root

April 11, 2019 at 6:38 pm #3592123

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

First of all you do not need to worry about loosing settings or translations when deleting the WPML plugins. This data are saved inside the database. PLease remove any WPML plugins from your wp-content/plugins folder.

Once WPML CMS MUltilingual 4.2.5 is installed please go to Dashboard -> Updates.

Click "Check again" at the bottom of the screen, afterwards scroll to the bottom and click "Update" inside the WPML Theme and Plugin Compatibility section.

This is a current issue and our developers are working on a solution in the next update for WPML.

Now, to add the WPML add-ons please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 6, 2019 at 9:34 pm #3752805

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

The update for WPML 4.2.6 solved the issue represented in this ticket. Please make sure to proceed with the update and mark this ticket as resolved, unless you need any further assistance in regards to the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas