Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Philippe 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
December 9, 2019 at 2:15 am #5090013
Philippe

Hi there!

I have a Woocommerce website that was very very slow using WPML. Since it was not built with an official Multilingual-Ready Theme, I have decided to do a big clean:

1- I have moved my website to a better Web Hosting service
2- I have deleted everything from the first Theme
3- I have bought AVADA Theme and start a new design with it.

I have also deeply cleaned all the database.

Problem is:

1- My site is still very very slow as soon as I activate WPML
2- My Main Language is French, my second is English, but as soon as I activate WPML Multilingual CMS, all my French links (menu, pictures, everything) are broken and I get a 404 error page. English links are ok.

It looks like I have dragged a problem and it is now worst than before. I would like to do a clean reinstall of everything, but since I have more than 2 000 translated products on this website, I don't want to lose this work.

So I did all what I was able by myself to go through it, now I need your help.

You will definitively need access to the website to see the problem. The website is so unfunctionnal that I have put it in maintenance mode. I will give you the credentials.

Thanks!

New threads created by Marcel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-multilingual-cms-make-my-website-very-slow/

December 10, 2019 at 3:00 pm #5100971

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I will check this directly with an active PHP debugging. For this, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Marcel

December 10, 2019 at 6:16 pm #5102127

Philippe

Hello Marcel!

Cors is not enabled and there are no more message in the F12 Console. You can proceed further.

Thanks

December 11, 2019 at 10:42 am #5105651

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks,

it seems like you have a problem with WooCommerce categories. The normal translated pages are working, only categories not. Please check your Permalink settings:

- Normal pages: hidden link -> working
- Categories: hidden link -> not working, 404 error
- Without WPML the Permalink changes to hidden link and the category is working

This means you have an issue with the translation of the Permalink "categorie-produit". Please check this and resave your permalink structure. I recommend you to run a full site backup before making any changes.

Please let me know.

Best Marcel

December 11, 2019 at 1:30 pm #5107119

Philippe

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for the follow up. Indeed, I did try to solve this Permalink issue, but I didn't succed. Could you please tell me exactly what to do?

And about speed, are you able to check in the database if there is something wrong that need to be cleared?

I'm ready to do a deep cleaning, I just not want to lose the 2030 product"s translations. All the rest can be reseted.

It is a staging environement so there is no danger to try.

Thanks again!

December 12, 2019 at 4:27 pm #5117265

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I see you reset the wrong permalink from "categorie-produit" to "product-category" already and the categories are now loading correctly for both languages.

For a better overview, I will split the performance part to a new ticket to take further steps.

Best Marcel

December 12, 2019 at 5:00 pm #5117589

Philippe

Hello Marcel,

Indeed, I did a big clean. Categories now works in French but everything now appear to be considered as French so I can no more call the English pages and all my english products are showing in my French page.

hidden link

What I did:

WPML - Troubleshooting:

Clear de cache in WPML
Remove ghost
Fix element_type collation
Vix WPML tables collation
Synchronize local job
Assign translation status
Set language info
Fix terme count
Tix post type assignment

Since it didn't work, I did:

Check for orphan comments
Cleanup and optimize string tables

Since it didn't work and that I'm completely stuck and need to solve it ASAP, I did:

RESET ALL TRANSLATION AND LANGUAGE DATA.

Then, I have reactivated WPML Mutilingual CMS (the only that was desactivated).

Then there was a lot of warning, so I did follow all the steps to configurate WMPL from scratch.

Last step was to go to Woocommerce Multilingual - Debug ( I think it was Debug, this tumbnail was on the right of Status but is no more there.) I did allow to fix everything that was to be fixed.

And I also went to WPML WP Menu Sync.

Last thing, when I go on WooCommerce Multilingual - Status, I see this:

hidden link

So, before to try something else, I can wait your answer if you are free enough to answer in the next hours, Otherwise, I will continue to try.

Please take note that we are working on the staging website, so I can crush it anytime with a copy of the real website.

Thanks!

December 13, 2019 at 6:18 pm #5125537

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry I was not able to write to you yesterday about this. What is now the actual status of this, as I see you reset WPML and the test site is showing a database issue warning.

Please let me know. Then we can discuss the further steps.

Best Marcel

December 14, 2019 at 10:02 pm #5130817

Philippe

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!