This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 8:30 am #2827165

Martijn

I am trying to:
use categories for Blogs and Portfolio on Theme Zephyr 5,1 on WordPress 4.9.8 but once clicking a category no blogs or portfolio are shown. An blank page is returned. Trying to solve the issue in page lay-out of Zephyr, our custom footer is lost. Only by deactivating WPML gives us the opportunity to turn back on our custom footer. Activiting WMPL returns languages, but blog and portfolio pages return same problem.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:
Blog items. Which I do. But the button "Laad meer" (load more) doesn't load more blog items.

Instead, I got:
It re-shows the button and no new blog items. But we want to use categories which we turned off to have at least something to show for our customers.

October 19, 2018 at 3:28 am #2830485

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

1.- I would like to ask you to double check if the categories are translated correctly to all languages. In this link you will find our official documentation on how to properly translate taxonomies using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Note: The Zephyr theme does not appear in our Multilingual-Ready Themes list which means it hasn't been validated by our compatibility team yet. You can see our Multilingual-Ready Themes list here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 19, 2018 at 7:48 am #2830945

Martijn

Thanks for detailed answer. I have seen Zephyr (lesser versions though) on your website when reporting this issue. But in your link on compatibility Zephyr doesn't appear at all. Can you please elaborate? Kind regards, Martijn

October 19, 2018 at 4:48 pm #2832739

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Martijn,
Thank you for your message.

As I mentioned in my previous message, the theme Zephyr hasn't been validated it yet by our compatibility team. This doesn't mean the theme is not compatible, it means that hasn't been tested in our side yet.

I have created a test site with a fresh new installation and I already setup WPML plugins for your convinience. I would like to ask you to install Zephyr theme and the other necessary plugins in this test site and let me know if the issue persists. This will help me isolate the cause of the issue without affecting the live site.

You can login to the test site using this link: hidden link

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 23, 2018 at 12:09 pm #2842251

Martijn

Thank you!

October 23, 2018 at 3:03 pm #2843149

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Martijn,
This ticket was closed.

Is the issue solved or the ticket was solved by accident?

Regards,
Carlos