Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
November 26, 2018 at 8:00 pm

mikeE-8

I am trying to: edit pages/posts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:
WPML Multilingual CMS is turning all text white in editor window. When we disable the plugin everything works. please advise.

There are multiple errors in the browser console from WPML. I'll paste them if you make this post private.

November 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm #2945467

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look in your website and could notice the issue only happens in the text mode of the page/post editor. As we don't have reports of this kind of issue on a installation running just WPML with a default WordPress theme, I would ask you to try:

1 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML's related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins menu.

2 - Switch to a default WordPress theme such as 'TwentySeventeen' from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

3 - Now, test the page/post editor again activate one plugin at a time and clearing your browser cache, then you can reactivate your previous theme again.

Please, let me know in which step the issue occurs so we can isolate the problem. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

November 27, 2018 at 6:26 pm #2945469

mikeE-8

Hi Marcos,

It's a bug with WPML and Yoast SEO. WPML is supposedly working on a fix for the bug if you could confirm with the developers?

November 28, 2018 at 1:32 am #2946189

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Yes, there's a confirmation of a compatibility issue introduced in the latest version of the Yoast SEO plugin, a fix is on the way to be released in the next WPML update, for now you can try the following:

1 - Install and activate the https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rollback/ plugin.

2 - Using the WP Rollback plugin downgrade your Yoast Version to the version 9.1 or before, in order to keep it working with WPML. You will find the instructions on how to downgrade a plugin right in the https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rollback/ page.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.