This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 5:25 pm #3997677

noamK-2

Hello,

This issue is confirmed by Our host SiteGround's technical support:

There are 3 WPML plugins updates released today.

Trying to update the WPML Multilingual CMS to version 4.2.7 crashes the website.

It causes a fatal error. According to SiteGround support, this is an issue with the version update itself.

FYI: We always update WPML plugins through Dashboard>>Plugins>>Add new>>Commercial.

June 11, 2019 at 6:49 pm #3998093

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Can you tell me in what order did you try to update the plugin?

I believe you can temporarily fix the problem by updating manually all the other plugins.

Let me know how it goes and i'd appreciate so much if you could list all the steps you did and from where did you update the plugins from (did you do it from plugins > All New > Commercial ?).

Thanks in advance for the information.

June 11, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3998211

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

We published an errata https://wpml.org/errata/uncaught-error-class-wpml_option_manager-not-found/.

Please let us know if you can't patch your file, we can assist you.

Waiting for your feedback.

Pierre

June 11, 2019 at 8:11 pm #3998401

noamK-2

Hello Pierre,

Thank you very much for the update.

To be on the safe side, I think we will wait for the corrected version (7.2.8 ?) and only than install the 3 WPML plugin updates.

What do you say? Will it be published soon?

Thank you,

Noam Kroll

June 11, 2019 at 9:32 pm #3998643

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

You can also update translation management first and then the other WPML plugins, that should avoid the crash (the reason of the crash is linked to translation management) but yes, you can wait for the fix which should be released in about 12 hours.

Regards.

June 12, 2019 at 10:34 am #4003119

noamK-2

Hello Alejandro,

You wrote above that the fix will be released in 12 hours, but we haven't seen it yet.

Any idea when?

Thank you,

Noam Kroll

June 12, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4005375

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, our devs found some irregularities and delayed the release, i think that for now the best thing you can do is revert to the previous version, if you need help with that, let me know, i can do it for you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Multilingual CMS version update 4.2.7 crashes our website’ is closed to new replies.